First timer looking for lighting advice

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Main goal; grow organic no till cannabis for medicine. As I do not smoke, any harvest I manage to pull off will become a sublingual oil. (Learning to make the oil will be another learning curve.) That’s pretty much it! As for the number of plants… No idea. I think I will have to dive in and start playing to figure that out. One if my kids only eats vegan organic food, so I have a feeling any available space will be put to productive use.

Thanks again for talking me through this. I will finally say I have watched several videos made by Migro and just have a warm fuzzy about Shane’s business. Just a feelie that it would be good karma to support it with this relatively big ticket purchase.

Home made light rig? Hats off to you, sir!

Good stuff. And great point about the filters, yes absolutely. I had no idea that living plants were so fragrant. I have sat on the subway here in NYC next to guys who absolutely reeked of weed but not smoky weed, a “greener” weed kinda smell Now I know… probably just a uncontrolled grow room. Well, yeah, I don’t want my kids heading to school with that!

I’m fully with you on spend more upfront to mitigate the damage to the electricity bill.

1 Like

Everyone is recommending AC Infinity! Must be good.

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the details and the photo! Veeeeeery nice.

1 Like

SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

I stand behind these guys fully. I have had great success using them.

1 Like

Thank you and gorgeous plants! I legit laughed out loud at “…but if you don’t trust yourself for wiring something that CAN start a fire, like me…” I 100% would never in a zillion years trust myself to build something that could catch fire in my tiny NYC apartment (the building dates back to 1893 and has ancient everything behind the interior walls). Yeah I’m sold on the AC Infinity tents. EVERYBODY is recommending them!! Feels good to check one of the big boxes!

2 Likes

Thanks man. HLG seems to be the pro choice. Yeah not gonna try any DIY engineering…yet… :wink:

Proof is in the pudding, man. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

WOW That is a big grow footprint! Very cool.

1 Like

Growing to make cannabis oil. I actually have no idea yet what yield I will need to make my medical supply. Starting small, maybe 3-4 plants?

I went the lazy and cheap rout with my “build” compared to even the solo strips. I’m using bathroom vanity light strips mounted to a few strips of wood. Then I got some household LED light bulbs, took the plastic domes off them, and screwed them into the light sockets. Very modular, but get quality bulbs. I got some cheap bulbs at a habitat for humanity store, $2 for a 4pk. Getting all the bulbs sealed out to better bulbs will prob get me better results. But I kinda want something nicer looking too lol. I also added a few reptile UVB cfl bulbs.

Maybe I need to get different fert blend (organic amendments in promix), and dialing in one or two strains will help vs playing with a single clone of each is also prob a big part of my problem lol. But most are recommending a new light instead, so not going to argue lol

8 Likes

Around here we call that wily! Sweet shot. Thanks for sharing. Honestly looks pretty damn cool.

1 Like

Well it’s one choice anyway. This is what I got using an HLG 550 Rspec in a 4x4. No room for microgreens though. It’s defiantly a good light in that space. There are cheaper alternatives that will do just as well.

5 Likes

:::: eyeballs pop ::::

2 Likes

Same light and tent size, I’ve got four 7g smart pots in there:

7 Likes

That’s a sweet setup

2 Likes

I honestly really like how flexible the setup is, but replacing all the bulbs with spectrum tuned “grow bulbs” will cost more than getting a new fixture. But I think I can also achieve more desirable results (potency and yield) with better quality household bulbs, just don’t want to do all the trial and error, or wasting more time/money.

4 Likes

I’ve used these for extra light there bright bulbs
Uploading: 1F674D6A-F193-4AC8-96C3-DE5B9F096634.jpeg… Uploading: 6DC4C2B4-A192-4597-A4CB-E5155A6024EA.jpeg…
EBay specials lol

1 Like

They can be hard to lightproof as well

1 Like