First timer looking for lighting advice

That’s a safe bet… :laughing:

I had to give up smoking…
Vaping (Pax 2) plugs me up more than twice a night… so that’s about 0.6 grams :rofl:

but… I make up for that with my edibles… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@anon98660487 , you are right, I have seen the dank that you produce…$80 to light a 3x3 flower tent is awesome!

3 Likes

I’ll tell you what’s funny I just bought new lights and went back to my old ones

1000w and a 1500w lights are sitting in my cupboard plants didn’t like them

5 Likes

I can’t do weed treats they make me so high not even in a good way :rofl: made some last year had some friends over visiting from Ireland after one brownie I was like the life alert lady I’ve fallen and I can’t get up :rofl:
My mate who died of cancer last year he loved them I would make them for him to take the edge of the chemo

7 Likes

Welcome to OG, I’m a HLG fan after suffering crappy harvest and bud development from inferior lights. The HLG 200 Diablo is an excellent little jewel. I run the 300 RSPECS as well but have a few of the 200s in smaller tents and very impressed with them :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

You can get HID lighting for much less than a comparable LED.

a 315 ceramic metal halide will adequately light a 3x3 and heat is negligible. You can get them for $200 new with bulb. Traditional HID like HPS/Metal Halide is even cheaper especially used.

If you decide on a 4x4 you’ll want a 630 unit, and heat is going to be noticeable in a tiny apartment. LED may be a better option but you’re gonna spend $600+ on an LED to light a 4x4. If you’re in a tiny apartment, a 4x4 full of flowering plants is going to put over a gallon of water per day into the air, which is going to greatly increase humidity in a small space, necessitating a dehumidifier.

Gorilla tents are nice but it’s overkill IMO. Cheap tents do the same thing.

If you live in NYC the market for used equipment is going to be easy. Plenty of options on Craigslist/Offerup/FB market.

4 Likes

I’m using these for a 2x4 tent:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600240066376/Kingbrite-320W-LED-Bar-Grow-Light.html?spm=a2706.7835515.0.0.511d48daCL6BPQ&__detailProductImg=https://s.alicdn.com/@sc04/kf/He09dee65985c4d4e94f861b426daa20ef.jpg_220x220.jpg

Very happy with them, extremely powerfull lights…

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, man! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Good points, much appreciated! Great point about the humidity as the grow footprint expands…

Thank you for tipping me off to this wonderful garden of brains!

1 Like

I live in a small apt and find the 2x4 tents fit better, like up against the wall. A 4x4 would be intrusive.

I recommend led mostly because that’s what I use and like it. Lots of options. Just don’t buy anything blurple because it’s hideous to look at and outdated.

1 Like

Yep, Want to avoid rebuying anything - hence my research.

1 Like

Hey man so sorry for your loss. Peace.

Listen to the plants is probably the wisest thing cannabis teaches us.

Dang! Happy plants ya go there!

Hey this is helpful. Thanks for the good point.

1 Like

I’m sort of in the same boat. I have a mix of weird sized small tents because I’m super tight for space

1 Like

I use a 20 x 30” ikea cabinet as a veg space because those extra 4” to make it a 24” would have made it too tight to walk by. Not ideal but it was the best I could do.

It sounds silly but 4” makes a difference. No dick jokes please, I’ve heard them all :joy:

2 Likes

Sage advice. Thank you friend. Since I’m going no till, I’m thinking of getting a good few cover crops going and making sure the little garden is a happy healthy home before popping any magic beans.

How many plants can you get in a tent that size,