Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 15)

Is there away as far as programming on the site to make sure that people had been here a certain # of months before they can even enter the threads for giveaways?

1 Like

All good my friend. As I say I am a big contributor to this issue and certainly not pointing the finger at anyone as I am on the top of my list, lol. There is definitely a correlation between the number of giveaways and the number of folks hanging out here only for them. Itā€™s like my job in IT, Peaks and Valleyā€™s.

Yes, that was a direct result of what I spoke of. We got flooded with new users only hanging g around in the giveaway threads and some wanted to keep them out of the giveaways for good reason. Where there is generosity, which folks like @Rhai88 have in abundance, there will always be those who are going to take advantage. Just the way of things.

I donā€™t believe so but each person doing a giveaway can set their own rules. Itā€™s like needing 6 pips before entering. The giver would just click each name and disqualify those who donā€™t qualify.

7 Likes

@Rhai88 Is it Eastern time!? Thanks!!

1 Like

2pm MST if you hover over the clock time it will show your time zones correct time! :wink:

2 Likes

Wasup dudes, when we gonna have fun here? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

In about 30 minutes or so !

1 Like

Iā€™m not actually looking for seeds, just making a joke. At this point I guess half the people reading the thread donā€™t remember @Berzerk, thoughā€¦ he finally got banned about six months before you signed up, looks like.

4 Likes

thoughā€¦ he finally got banned about six months before you signed up, looks like.
Mr sock puppet lol

2 Likes

I think a user should have to reach a certain level of participation in the site before they can access giveaways , auctions and the like. Show a commitment to the community and get rewarded. Kinda like the trust levels used for the giveaways.
I enjoy giving and recieving beans too , especially giving, but I have to be honest Iā€™m a little nervous sending stuff too but i guess it comes with the territory.
Iā€™ve already seen at least one shark in the pool do a swim through the site recentlyā€¦ doing thier usual song and dance that I have seen used on other sites, to prey on the generosity of others. Iā€™m not going to reveal this person, they will in the end reveal themselves and as I suspected , they have swam through, collected thier goals and swam off again.

8 Likes

yup he ā€œhellaā€ sure did :innocent: :rofl:

4 Likes

With that in mind maybe we go either so many Pips before you can apply for a giveaway or show proof of say a $5 donation to team overgrow

7 Likes

I was actually thinking of doing a contest for low pippers. Just to see what plays out

1 Like

pips are tough to go by, maybe consider if theyā€™ve at least started a grow thread. that shows a bit of effort.

4 Likes

Not all can start a grow thread becauseā€¦ Some places still illegal and must be aware .

That is reason I changed my nicknameā€¦ To be able to continue the grow diary, because at one point, I became a little paranoid about security.
But at first I thought in stopping the diary.

Happy growings!

10 Likes

If youā€™re really concerned about ā€œsharksā€ coming just for seeds, you could also post giveaways in the Private Lounge. That would automatically add some restrictions.

6 Likes

Happened to me in years past, thatā€™s the reason I now do HALF PACK Giveaways/Trades, etc. Gave out some Bodhi Packs, the NEXT day they were hawked on ā€œThe Gramā€!! I know once they leave my hand, one can do as they choose, but it didnā€™t sit well with me. I now keep the Breeder Pack. Iā€™ve never said anything, to date. ā€œQuick Hittersā€ are normally exposed, in my opinion. It wonā€™t stop my approach to ā€œslinginā€™ā€, however. ALL, enjoy a pleasant weekend, SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Oo, nice giveaway @firehead !

Interesting discussion @DougDawson & @Rhai88.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been around that long at all. But for someone like me, the warmth of the community is what keeps me here. This is an amazing place to share, read, and relax. Regardless of the generosity!
Though sadly and hopefully enough, I will be returning to work soon. Iā€™m sure that Iā€™ll still be on daily. But my time will be limited. So I will be spending it reading, talking, and responding with people.
:slightly_smiling_face:
Not playin with yā€™all. :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s smart. They know it is legit but it wouldnā€™t sell as well on insta as people would think it was random seeds! I know I have an OG pack of goji OG and it is going for 2k right now on strainly lol

2 Likes

I agree-- @Draig has been here 18 months or so-- and participates regularly, but only has 7 pips compared to my 9- and I just had my 1 year anniversaryā€¦

4 Likes

What is ā€œThe Gramā€?
Are you saying they sell it after?

Well, I can say that Iā€™m a seed collector (hoarder perhaps?), but not for selling. I like to have many different strains. When I grow, I like varietyā€¦ look my current diaryā€¦ about 12-14 plantsā€¦ and all of different strains :sweat_smile:

Edit: 14+ two more sprouting :sweat_smile:
Happy growings!

4 Likes