Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 15)

It definitely looks like a strawberry without a top instead of a badly shaped heart!

3 Likes

Also the stickers could have a strawberry picture to bring it all together.

2 Likes

@Kasper0909 they could!
This is a 1" Avery label

16 Likes

Looks great, Bobbi :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

For extra branding, he could have adhesives that peel off the front that look like a strawberry, and they could have green top leaves as a pull tab!
That would obviously require some additional design, but itā€™s totally feasible.

8 Likes

That looks amazing @Bobgrows!
Yeah, a strawberry pic on the label would definitely tie it together. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Looks killer @Bobgrows

Fun fact
Strawberry: only fruit with seeds on the outside of its skin :strawberry:
:call_me_hand:t4:

10 Likes

If you use a 3d puck or a coin flip with washer you donā€™t need not machinable as the seeds will be protected. I send a ton of seeds to the USA, never have put non machinable, and donā€™t recall any seeds ever being destroyed.

7 Likes

Yea, but depends on your postmasterā€¦ours has a board-- if the card doesnā€™t easily slip thru the slot in the board, he insists on ā€˜hand sort onlyā€™ because it can jam in the machineā€¦Itā€™s how I found out about the stamps.

2 Likes

They have the same thing here in Canada, my packaging easily goes through. Thatā€™s whey I use the containers I do for the Co-op packaging and the 3d pucks are printed to a specific thickness. Never had an issue. You are right though, some of those postal workers can be quite aggravating.

3 Likes

@Thats_bank got charged $4 twice for 2 different envolopes, I think because it is supposed to be paper only.
Not sure a different stamp would change things but it may??
Maybe he got charged because it got jammed in the machine.

1 Like

I was going to say that amorodos has the seeds outside also, but after searching for a translation, I see that they translate it as strawberry also.
Having eating both, I have to disagree. They are parents but not the same. Amorodos is Fragaria vesca. And well they are jillions times more fragant and more tasty that comercial strawberrys.
Anyway, both are strawberrys. So ā€¦ I donā€™t know why still writing as I realized that I am mistaken :sweat_smile: or not ā€¦ :rofl:

HG!

3 Likes

Yup, both weight and thickness matter. Somebody please correct me if Iā€™m wrong but the limit is 5mm and under an ounce in weight. :cowboy_hat_face:
anything more and theyā€™ll charge you.

2 Likes

With some washers some come slightly open.
I have asked here in the post office (spanish correos) for the Non-machinable , and they looked at me if I were an alien.

I prefer the ones @Bobgrows made. But as Iā€™m in spain, the shipping cost are a @##ā‚¬@&.
Finally I realized that I have a little cnc, and I am making some of PVC foam (expanded PVC?). I tried and it is harder than the washers, but will have to make a test overseas to see if they survive.

HG!

4 Likes

It looks like an ā€œI love youā€ strawberry.

2 Likes

I have sent worldwide and have never done this.
I only use corrugated plastic sign board.

2 Likes

If itā€™s a bubble mailer type envelope, then itā€™s considered a small package.

For letter mail and non-machinable letter mail, the max thickness allowable is 1/4 inch. The difference between machinable and non-machinable is whether or not the parcel is entirely flexible. If it has any little rigid thing inside the envelope, then it is not entirely flexible, therefore it is non-machinable. This was what the postal worker at my local post office told me.

5 Likes

The postal service allows 1/4" on a standard envelope. Ours pucks measure 4.1 without caps. With caps they measure 6.1 which is smaller than the 1/4" regulations.

2 Likes

So with my pucks from @Bobgrows , I can just forego the non-machinable stamping? I will do a couple test runs, and see. Shipping from USA and shipping from CA are 2 different animals, but I think use similar enough guidelines.

I NEED A USA AND A CANADIAN VOLUNTEER(S)

FOR an experiment in mailing. Non dangerous, will send some of my Awesomesauce beans. For the next 2 people who spell supercalifragilisticexpealidoscious BACKWARDS.
IN bold please.
Twice.
Volunteer to compete, lol.

6 Likes

I have it but spainā€¦ It I write it can you send to other ?
I mean other person of that countries