Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 18)

I wouldn’t miss somebody’s first giveaway. Sounds like a fine cross! Thanks for the chance!

3 Likes

Fast Version cannabis seeds, also known as Fast Flowering or Early Version, are those which are light-dependent but also provide a much faster flowering period. Thanks to this, they’re ideal for growers looking to avoid raid, bad weather and various other issues.
Fast Version seeds are those which have a shorter flowering period, usually a week or two shorter (compared to the original strain).

This type of strain comes from a cross between feminized, elite light-dependent strains and an autoflowering plant. However, unlike autos, fast strains depend on the amount of light received to flower; they need to have a growth period (18/6h light and dark) and then a flowering period (12/12h).

Unlike what happens to autoflowering plants, even though they have a shorter flowering period, their size isn’t affected by the flowering period, as growers can increase flowering times as much as they want, just like with feminized and regular cannabis seeds.

Growing Fast Version strains comes with a series of benefits, including the massive benefit of being able to harvest earlier, which can help avoid issues with autumn rains, especially in areas with short summers. When it rains, the excess humidity can cause fungi and mold to appear, which puts your plants at risk.

Fast strains also preserve the aroma and flavour of the original strains, which allows for all of their original qualities to shine through.

Other benefits of F1 Fast Version strains include their high yields and strength, comparable to traditional light-dependent strains; with the right care, high yields can be obtained from fast flowering strains, keeping in mind that they have a shorter flowering period.

You can also keep their height and yield in check; if you’re growing outdoors all you have to do is germinate your seeds early for a long growth period. When it comes to indoor growing, you’ll have to give them a longer growth period until they’re as big as you’d like. If you’re looking to make a mother plant you can easily take clones from Fast Version, unlike autoflowering seeds which can only be grown from seed.

The main difference between a fast flowering and autoflowering strain is that the first is light-dependent, and autoflowering plants begin to flower regardless of the amount of light they get. Autoflowering plants tend to grow for around a month and then they move to the flowering stage, they’re easy to grow and have a shorter life, which makes them less likely to catch illnesses or insect infestations. They’re better for inexperienced growers.

Due to the fact that autoflowering strains can be harvest around 3 months after germination, you can get around 3-4 harvests a year. Autoflowering strains also differ in that they tend to be much smaller; this is a great idea for those that don’t have much space or are looking to grow discreet plants outdoors. F1 Fast flowering plants also produce higher yields than autoflowering strains.

16 Likes

Thanks fellas! I’ll keep you updated on the grow! :seedling::+1:t2:

12 Likes

Awesome! Happy they made it safely! Happy growing! @55DaViD :heart::heart::green_heart::green_heart::fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

4 Likes

What is La Huerta Grow Shop?

Also, are you aware of any breeders/logs that have recorded these faster flower photo periods?

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Those descriptions need to also include “growers with plant counts can have more harvests and perpetual grow in 1 tent”.

2 Likes

Thanks @PatioMat for a shot at them beans 🫘 :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses::+1::v:

Good luck :four_leaf_clover: to all! :wink::+1::facepunch::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

The site I got most of that info from.

None that I am aware of as of late…I do remeber someone doing a Sour 60 day fast flowering but I do not remember who grew it. After 60ish days the plant was a few inches tall and produced two buds both the size of walnuts. But hey it was done in 60 days like the packaging said.

2 Likes

Beans received, growmie.

2 Likes

A majority of the “fast flowering” you’re going to find in the big breeders. Fast Buds, Sensi, etc. A lot of the first autoflower seed makers. There’s a couple out there that are fast flowering not from the big overseas seed producers, but fairly new so there’s not many grow logs. You might check out Gnome Automatic. I think he put out a fast flower he worked on.

1 Like

Good description of the grow, characteristics, and what to expect.

1 Like

I feel like this is the wrong place for my questions, so I will stop after this.

From what I have read, both from grow logs and breeders giving generational and lineage descriptions, the gene which codes for autoflowering is monogenetic, meaning a plant is either a photo period or an auto period. Obviously each plant also has a gene (or genes) which code for its flowering length.

I am curious as to if this is just a marketing tool used by seed sellers like La Huerta, or if these plants would even start flowering in June (northern hemisphere bias).

I would be careful about using a website like that for genetic information, but Spain is indeed years ahead of the rest of the world in developing autos, so who knows.

1 Like

Man I just can’t resist sounds too good!!

@jessethestoner @Illicitmango

Congrats, pm me where to send these!

3 Likes

Next up:

Cannarado - Weave Match

Carbon Fiber x London Pound Cake 75 - 5 Pack Feminized

Sign on up:

1. @CanuckistanPete
  2. @Movement13
  3. @Gimme5minutes
  4. @NDNCHILD :us:
  5. @Natea
  6. @420noob
  7. @Tracker
  8. @pawsfodocaws
  9. @ShiskaberrySavior
  10. @Zolorp :us:
  11. @Frosty78
  12. @Big_Yeloe
  13. @THCeed
  14. @FattyRoots
  15. @duo :canada:
  16. @Tuned :canada:
  17. @ChronicMcBudz
31 Likes

@hollyho @tresbundles @ElGalloBlanco @CrunchBerries @SensiBowl @BeagleZ @LegsMahoney @bassman5420 @AzSeaindooin420 @morecatslesspeople @DJSF @Limeflavouredheadbut @highminwin @BudWhisperer @VAhomegrown @MoBilly @Oldtimerunderground @potpotpot @Pluckyevil @KanehB @BigMike55 @Foreigner @Abbbian @LivingBlackSoil @Greenfingers @Greasy @Dr.VitaminGreen @JaxxMunster @BarefootAndBlazed @HolyAngel @Cartwright @Chiefer88 @AZsensi @VAkish @HorseBadorites @Bobgrows @oleskool830 @Tugthepup @Meesh @Murciano207 @CornbreadJunior @Budderton @NorthNorthNugs @Gpaw @Rhino_buddy @Pigeonman @Shadey @JoeCrowe @gonzo @misterbee @thecrazster @no_chem @Terpsnpurps @Mrgreenthumb @Illicitmango @PetalPowerseed @oldjoints @Stoner420 @CanuckistanPete @Big @Sincitytoker @Andrane @Natea @E5_Wilk @jessethestoner @Groenevingers @Spitfire @patsnumone @Jimdoors @calman1955 @keene @ifish @Cyr_grow @420noob @THCeed @Sbeanonnamellow @Habibi @Big_Yeloe @HappyTrees23s @Yetigrows @blowdout2269 @Hellablaked @DonGnosis @Cannaology @Smooth @Draig @SleepySails @FirstCavApache64 @anonymous4289 @Kgrim @Carl-Spackler @Mr.greenbee @Mrgreenthumb @Wuachuma @calman1955 @Lady.Zandra63 @Gnome1 @RadioWaves @PeaceCoast @Yetigrows @djtrip @Weednerd.Anthony @scotchlock @CamTheCannaman @Metz2 @Hippiechik @Cannabinoid @Cadizzles @MonsterDrank @zavorotnuck @Butustank @tbone1 @splinter7 @skip @heavenlygoo @FeloniousMonk @Tuned @Adventuretime86 @duo @Ottafish @icky_sticky_og_nicky @DiRtYSkuNkZ @Pannonian @ChefDGreen @Ris @amumayuk @freed111 @GrouchyOldMan @beneficial @mike28086 @Kasper0909 @GreenBhoy @NoCal @hermit @STIGGY @ColForbin @tamimes @OhNo555 @freed111 @OGBohab @dracodragons @Sense @Villiager @Billybob @MassTerpyy @Sdoyle @Icon @UncleLemur @RiverCityRando @DelDavis @Frosty78 @Pawsfodocaws @NDNCHILD @Strainger @Misguided_USMC @seeds2weeds @PatioMat @GEMI-CONNECT616

Doug’s List

13 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!
Have fun with them. I hope they grow well for ya!

2 Likes

Glad they arrived @Mrgreenthumb - thanks for being good OG family man. I hope they treat you right! (And thanks for the beans you sent my way too!)

1 Like

Me either. I’ve only killed them! :rofl:

Thank you very much, @PatioMat, for this great contest! I’d love to actually grow some autos!

Good luck everybody!

Rollin’ in with my favorite number, #16!

3 Likes

Another hour of like jail! :upside_down_face: Thanks for another opportunity! @PatioMat You’re really rolling tonight!
:heart::green_heart::heart::green_heart::fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

5 Likes