Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

lol don’t rub it in! The water here is almost always around 7Ph, so before every watering I have to use Ph down… we buy it by the gallon lol and go through that gallon about every 3 months. A well would be great but they’re too damned expensive nowadays!

Actually @Oldjoints the “F” stands for “fili,” “son,” “offspring,” not filial.

“F1” stands for “first filial generation”

1 Like

Ours does fluctuate with the seasons quite a bit. Fall/winter with all the runoff and vegitation decomposition we run about 6.3-6.5 during late spring and summer we are around 7.5-7.8 I’ve gotta be diligent in adjusting my nutes

1 Like

Send it my way. I’m praying for rain. Soo dam hot at night while at work…

You are absolutely wrong……

Need proof?

1 Like

Yep, usually once the nutes are added the PH goes up. I wait until after adding any nutes to adjust the PH…

1 Like

Sure. I’d be delighted to be a little more educated. Even the newbies have something to offer.

3 Likes

Guelph draws it’s water from a limestone aquifer.

Great for drinking, but not for weed. (PH can get above 8, I’ve seen 8.4 in winter)

Rainwater or melted snow only for my babies.

1 Like

8 is the new 7 when it comes to drinking water :rofl: alkaline water is supposed to be real good for your body

1 Like

Ugh! And I thought mine was bad! Damn dude…

1 Like

8.5 ph here and. A ppm of 600 plus

1 Like

Oh yeah, when it gets down below -20°C, (-5°F) I need to descale my kettle every 2 days

1 Like

Everyone around has a water softener and bad skin except for us…lol

1 Like

I started using my RO in the kettle

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Horticulture/comments/c5p051/question_about_filial_generation_numbers/

1 Like

My wife uses bottled.

That kind of makes me laugh though, if you go to Loblaws and buy their “spring water”, that “spring” is the one in Aberfoyle, which is where Guelph tap water comes from too…

3 Likes

Let’s compare our sources. Now tell me how credible are yours v.s. Mine? I’m just more technical. I don’t care for the seeds. I have some coming my way thanks to two amazing people. Lets just use terminology correctly :wink:

2 Likes

Think what you desire .
Wikipedia is a good source and we are talking cannabis which has its own amateur nomenclature in the industry.

If you just want me to say your right,

Ok You are right and I am wrong……. Good?

1 Like

Again thanks for the giveaway. You’re a great contribution to this community. Always room to improve and learn. I am open minded. Much love, take care dude.

I am glad you like to learn because the two words are the same meaning and one is a version of the other but both have the same meaning and use. But in this industry it is commonly related as filial.
But as I said use what term you want………

adjective

adjective: filial

1. of or due from a son or daughter.

“a display of filial affection”

• BIOLOGY

denoting the generation or generations after the parental generation.

6 Likes