Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

Yeah, just a little late, and what a tease.

1 Like

morning all! iā€™m looking for a little OG advice todayā€¦ was wondering if anyone had suggestions of which LED light (or lights) to get for my 4x4 tent!!! looking for a simple and cheaper Amazon lightā€¦ Any suggestions or ideas?!!

2 Likes

You will get a lot of opinions but I use Bloom Plus. They are cheap but very good. They use Samsung diodes. The cheaper ones but still good. Hereā€™s how they work for me.

6 Likes

This is in a 2x3 custom cabinet. I have two.

i was contemplating a ā€œMars Hydroā€ partially because of @DougDawson 's ā€œgrow tent kitā€ thread. he seemed to turn out some pretty decent product, but a lot a Mars products do not include UV in their spectrumā€¦

4 Likes

I got an email from kingbrite the other day about their new bar lights. Looked badass. Did not list price though. Anything with Samsung 301bs and cree or other decent reds should treat you well. Problem comes with who to trust. I took a chance with somebody on ebay with high rating and buyer protection. Iā€™m still happy with the purchase a year later.

3 Likes

Yeah Mars is popular and have come up through the years. They will get the job done. Thereā€™s a thread on here somewhere with some guys using led strips and how to wire themā€¦as another option.

1 Like

havent done a lot of ebay looking. as lame as it sounds, trying to stick with amazon with it being ā€œprime dayā€ and all, unless i can find a way better deal via Ebay

1 Like

I havenā€™t done much comparing lately. But last August the lights and prices on Amazon were not competitive to other places.

1 Like

Hey bud, read the article below and you will see some Mars lights do have UV and IR. I have also found the ViparSpectra lights, I am using an XS2000 over 2 of my PPP plants, do a good job as well and are much cheaper than my HLG.

5 Likes

i knew some of the ā€œSPā€ series includes UV. and most now include IR. but i was kinda leaning towards the TS 2000. (i believe you had the TS1000 in your 2x2 tent. Doug) which the ā€œTSā€ series does NOT have UV

2 Likes

@DougDawson do you supplement with any UV? based on what info i could find, the Viparspectra xs2000 doesnt have any UV eitherā€¦i did, however, find a BESTVA equivalent which does claim to have UV

2 Likes

Good LED UV supplement for now if you have the money is OpticLEDs Slim 100 Bloom Enhancer, 365nm UV, 450nm blue, 630nm and 760nm red.

If you want cheaper Solacure makes a Flower Power UVB/UVA T8 (maybe smaller) low wattage bulb you can use as supplemental to your lights as well.

If youā€™re looking for LEDs that could fit a single T4-8 in the middle for supplemental I run Lenofocus LF2000s that Iā€™m going to do exactly that with, like in this pic.

If you want LED knowledge Iā€™ve looked into more brands and information than I can remember almost, let me know!

3 Likes

@DougDawson, is this comparable to your Vipar xs2000?

2 Likes

I run 2x Mars Hydro TSL2000ā€™s in my 4x4 and LOVE THEM. They are the non-dimmable older units that have both UV and IR in play. I just ordered a RapidLED Far-Red (730nm) puck for flower boosting after lights off because you canā€™t control these units like some boardsā€¦

Heck, the RapidLED systems let you program what LEDā€™s are on and off and when but they are out of my price-range.

2 Likes

The fact is you donā€™t need it. That Mars light did fine and yes it was the TS1000. Now I do have a UV bar attached to my HLG 600 but not in my other tents. The Viapar light I am using is an XS2000 and works perfectly fine with what itā€™s got under the hood.

1 Like

Mail person is SLOW today :upside_down_face: this person better not be helping himself/herself/ unicorn self to my birthday cards :triumph::unamused:

No idea, just seems that some things never show up, like ever lol

Nope, this has nothing to do with this thread really :neutral_face::flushed: I just wanted to say something to feel like part of the group, even tho it didnā€™t provide much ā€œmeatā€ to the conversation haha.

Ps. In my main thread, I have a Fan filter ā€œHackā€ if interested in reading it. :books:

4 Likes

Maybe a USB powered one?

No, itā€™s an HLG that is designed to mount on the light and the cords daisy chain together.

1 Like

Reasonably close I suppose but I have a problem with them. Itā€™s a 210 watt light and they call it a 2000w dimmable. That really pisses me off. Too many buy stuff from folks who blatantly lie about their products, itā€™s a pet peeve of mine. Many new growers who are not informed buy stuff like that because they think they are getting a 2000 watt light and that really bothers me. I can live with about any companies product if it does the job but blatant deception is something I cannot condone so I would not give them my money. Just a personal opinion.

4 Likes