Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5 (Part 6)

I have no fucking clue what they expected, if they felt like an address was too much personal information to give away they could have said that. I said I’d send them seeds a week ago and when I followed up they acted like I was trying to steal their credit card info or something.

11 Likes

Paranoia can be a bitch in nonlegal states. Not an excuse for bad manners though.

9 Likes

Right :+1: especially when someone is being so generous

1 Like

I don’t know why I use RIU at this point, everyone is so competitive and negative I feel like I never have worthwhile interactions there any more

10 Likes

Nah… just wish really hard, click his heels three times and say “these seeds need a home, these seeds need a home” but I hear it only works if ya wear the ruby slippers

2 Likes

Wants you to do a dead drop like you are a couple of spies! :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Dude was seriously paranoid, he went from asking if I wanted his SSN & bank number, to accusing me of being a sock puppet account for another member and saying the beans would herm, etc. I would never try to trade seeds on RIU because the culture there is generally very paranoid, but I didn’t think it would be so paranoid I couldn’t even give away the seeds for free!

8 Likes

I recognize that paranoia, can you say their screen name? If not it’s cool. Also we should move this stuff to the chat thread before Loki has to clean up this thread again. Don’t want to create more work for him.

7 Likes

I’m on there from time to time. But ya need a good bs filter. They do a lot of pretty significant sponsor giveaways too. Gotta do a log there for this new light.

3 Likes

Thanks yeti! The new autos arrived today

I will probably run these after the rks coop, can’t wait!

13 Likes

@Yetigrows what does the Strawberry shortcake look/smell like? It’s parents? A thread of photos.?

I’m a sucker for food named cannabis… Just wish they smelled/tasted like their namesake.

9 Likes

That’s because people name things before actually smelling and tasting the plant, eg why call Sour Diesel x Strawberry Cough… Sour Strawberries if it tastes or smells nothing like strawberry. The pheno can carry over traits soley from it’s grandparents or even further down the genetic line so the whole naming varieties before they are tested is pretty dumb imo. It should be what’s accurate not what sounds cool

Saying that as the story goes SD was originally called Our Diesel but as gelousy and relationships frayed an ‘S’ was written in front of Our on the zip

And as far as f2’s go it’s always a roll of the dice as to what you will find so a name isn’t always helpful but the lineage definitely is.

2 Likes

My sense of taste is so bad I’d end up naming everything “yummy nugs”. Lol. Like OK Soda, ya never know what you’re gonna get… (go ahead, look up OK soda, it was real and cool!)

1 Like

It’s actually strawberry shortcrack. :laughing:

Edit: Sorry not trying to correct you all the time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I grew Strawberry Shortcake from bagseed a couple years back

f2a404622c5b0978ca240febd9ed676f55345f72_2_378x499

11 Likes

The mom is an Strawberry Stomper, which was a limited release (Canada only) from Mephisto.

Yes, it tastes imo VERY MUCH of strawberries.

I think I mentioned them once or twice on my yetis yard thread.

I just topped my Shortcrack babies, 5th node at day 17.

19 Likes

Sounds yummy. Got any left for a trade? What kinda stuff you into? Your babies look healthy :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Reeeeallllyy hoping I get mine! Patiently waiting. I look like a weirdo checking mail box all day :joy:

8 Likes

You’re not the only one.

I check mine obsessively too.

5 Likes