Oregon huckleberry F3 seed run

I had never heard of this strain up until a few months ago. I was fortunate to receive some F2s from from @Mongobongo. I selected one Male out of three and plan to open pollinate one female and selectivley pollinate a second female.
The male is expressing more of the Blueberry traits as I hoped. I would say it’s a solid two weeks before propagation.

The Male.

The female

57 Likes

What were your F2 females like? Did you get blueberry out of them as well?

5 Likes

The one female expresses very similar to the Male the other girl is shorter and less active in branching.

6 Likes

Sounds interesting

4 Likes

They remind me of bubba kush they do have a Berry smell though anyone know the lineage of Oregon Huckleberry I thought I read it was a bubba

5 Likes

Its Oregon Blueberry x Morning Glory, as I understand.

12 Likes

I asked Pro P about the lineage and he told me it is an Affie line.

5 Likes

Your thinking of the Blue Magoo

3 Likes

I know seedfinder isnt always correct but it says theoregon blueberry and morning glory both have Affie in them

4 Likes

I caught him on Instagram live around Christmas and asked him if the OH and bubba were the same and he said they were most likely from the same orgin.

5 Likes

Thanks @Sincy. My understanding of the introduction of the blue magoo was its use in a back cross, which then leaves the question, is it a true IBL?? In any event its lineage is great on both sides and is beutiful plant. As a gardener we have to trust the information available from the breeders description.

5 Likes

Yes your correct on the male that he used to start his bx and it’s one of the few ibls available.

4 Likes

Dad is ready… there is a little color on him and smelling nice.

The leaf structure is similar to that of the OPT pheno of Blueberry but so far no purple on the stalk or branches.

29 Likes

This makes me feel better

5 Likes

I just want to add to this diary that after 60 days the OHB has come full circle. The girls are ready for pollination, the clones are rooted, and the trichs are showing.

26 Likes

First female got a full dusting. I found this lady and the Male to be most similar of the six.

33 Likes

It’s looking good!!! Great work!! Blessings

3 Likes

Looking awesome…

3 Likes

Thanks @Zion and @Sincy. One can only speculate how these plants would have done outdoors, I think they would have been beasts.
Cheers

2 Likes

Mine will be under the big blue sky this summer so we shall see. I wish I had more I only had six seeds to start with and I have 4 going but one purple stemed one that’s struggling I don’t remember there being purple stemmed phenos. I do have the OH x PAC but I LL make the four work I only really need one big bad male to work with.

4 Likes