Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 1 (Closed)

lmao, facts man.
my “spliff” hat wasnt a great success in high school in the early 90’s also lol

7 Likes

The MWxCB isn’t my cross I was given those by @Sebring the rest of what I gave you are ones I made. I’m not sure if he made the MWxCB or if he was given them by another member. Not sure on the flowering time I’ve not grown it out yet. Maybe Sebring can fill in some of the info for us.

7 Likes

@Mongobongo hey bro thanks for the feed back and great genetics,doing my best to work magic on your creations.Excited by the growth at 20days from seed soak.

@Sebring any info he can suppply on the MW x CB would be appreciated.very vigorous growing plants at 20days from seed soak.

5 Likes

Looks good!

2 Likes

here is an example of how not to mail your seeds

31 Likes

Pretty sure that is THE legit Maui Waui. Cherry bomb is the name of the pheno that Greengenes preserved since the 70s.

It’s not Maui Waui x Cherry bomb, it’s Maui Waui (Cherry bomb pheno/line). And according to Swami, BOEL said Maui Waui is a hybrid of Afghan and Oaxacan.

Mr.greengenes Cherry Bomb is a legit maui wowie line that he maintained since the seventies. it was actually DNA tested by some college boys and came out as a descending from a 70’s hawaiian mother. - check the maui wowie thread in strains and hybrids.

sadly i heard that Mr.Greengenes had passed away a few months ago.

he sent me some Cherry Bomb seeds a few years ago, i used it in my Cherryjuana cross.

I plan to do a maintenance run with my remaining seeds at some point soon and i’ll probably send some in to the bay, ive had quite a few requests for the pure Cherry Bomb

Verdant green said that on icmag in 2013, so he also knew of it and reproduced it. Then it went on seedbay and ended up in many more people’s hands as well.

18 Likes

hey man, you might want to edit out your address or ypu may get an uninvited tiger showing up at your banana tree. :rofl:

13 Likes

LOVE IT!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

^All of this^
Anyone that has currently received MW-CB seeds from me, has my F4 seeds. They are a lot more stable in structure than the F1* I received. Because MrGreenGenes inbred it for years, and then VerdantGreen ran it, which led to another F generation and finally to my hands, I can’t say exactly how inbred it is; For simplicity sake I’m using F1* so we remember that it’s way more inbred than I’ve made it. The seeds I’ll be giving out this winter will be F5 selections.
I still have a small number of seeds from F1, F2, F3 & F4 generations that exist incase I f*ck up and have to go backwards. There’s no sugar coating it, but sometimes a new F generation isn’t as good as it’s parents.

29 Likes

Someone posted their log of growing out NL over several generations. By F4 or 5, he had the Pheos of one parent strain, by F6 phenos of both parental strains of the original NL showed up. He called reverse engineering NL.

7 Likes

Sounds amazing! Anyone have any of these floating around? Sound bomb :bomb:

2 Likes

I’m still anxiously awaiting those Maui when you have more i.missed the first few sets that you gave out.

7 Likes

Man, whenever those Maui babies are ready, I’m WALKING from Maine to the North West to get in Line!!! Do stay safe/be well.

7 Likes

Thanks for the input @Sebring . They are growing amazing for 21days from soaking seeds.I would love to run some of the f5 when they are ready .
Cheers
Smkn

4 Likes

Ive heard that before. Some sort of Afghani x Mexican combined into a worked line.

4 Likes

When I look at the parts that make up a hybrid, I always think of Prego spaghetti sauce. It’s in there. If you are growing plants from the same line, the phenotype that you are looking for is bound to pop up eventually. Ive searched for a particular phenotype from my own stuff for many years. Just a couple years ago I got really close, and I believe the Next Generation I could find what I’ve been looking for.

5 Likes

It’s that roll of the genetic dice, and going through seeds till you find what your looking for. It’s dedication to keep the parents, and at least one clone of each seed plant until it needs to be culled. That’s what separates breeders from seed makers. Unfortunately for someone with plant/space limits, that could take years of growing Out one batch of seeds to find if it’s in there.
Of course if there’s a chart of known traits that may be dominant or recessive.

7 Likes

Is Mr Greengenes deceased? I thought he was still alive. I think he was at least in 2018… he has a site. I can’t find anything saying he passed. Anyone know for sure?

1 Like

I think he’s still alive? I read that thread on icmag further when I saw that, and he was posting.

3 Likes

I was thinking he was. He’s got an interesting website, or used to. I’ll try and find it in my bookmarks.

He has it as a private site now. It had some neat reading. I saved it to go back and finish it all. Maybe he’s getting up there in age.

4 Likes