Sebring's 79MauwiWowieCherryBomb pheno f4

Great thread.

Maui Wowie was bred from a shipment of weed (likely Oaxacan, but possibly a medley) brought back from St Thomas (Michocan) Mexico to the Islands. Bred with Kandahar Afghan that they brought back from their hash lab in Afghanistan. This was 1970, so breeding began - likely - in '71

Cherry Bomb is Maui Wowie that was brought back to Laguna Beach California and bred in California - so, same genetocs, different outcome.

4 Likes

Just a heads up some of those have herm traits at least the ones I grew threw balls .

1 Like

Thought these got cross pollinated with the primate og too, so not all of them are mauwiwowie…

1 Like

Chugging along, lost the lowest front facing branch a couple weeks ago as it had just snapped off, pink pistils still mixed in but becoming less prevalent, general sweet aroma.

21 Likes

Lol but why is “The Original Breeder Mr.Greengenes” not getting credit?

For “Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb”
He inbred the line for 30+ years then asked Gas of SOS to preserve them.

Anyways if not the title of this thread is some good clickbait!

2 Likes

Iirc, MrGreengenes found some seeds in a bag of MauiWowie and started the preservation project, breeding for the cherry pheno.
I grew out a couple of them that i bought from Swami. Neither had the cherry pheno, but i am not complaining. It’s really nice smoke and grew really well for me outdoors. No intersex issues at all.

3 Likes

It’s explained here with credit from the dude(Sebring) who bred the line for four more generations and gave out the “f4s” that made this “f5” possible

5 Likes

How can it be an F1 from when he started with 30 year IBL ? In 2016
I’ve grown the original from Mr.Greengenes through veg and they were ALL nearly exact copy’s of one another. Smell, fanleaf shape, smell (cherry sweettart) identical.

F1 just denotes the first gen at which it came into his hands.

1 Like

Sad I missed the original release

1 Like

I wouldn’t get too sad about it. They were filled with herms and some were accidentally pollinated with an unrelated cross. It was a bit messy. You can have mine.

3 Likes

Oh I did not know that. Wish I had more skills on how to search around in over grow but I’m kinda new still getting used to the OG ways.

Are you sure ? Let’s PM ?

1 Like

I grew some of the original Sebring’s 79MauiWowieCherryBomb, took one to 100 days or so, did get some late flower nanners and some seeds but was very tasty weed with a nice functional high. Had all the character of the greengenes cherrybomb: long flowering, large plants, pink pistils

3 Likes

I wasn’t impressed with the ones I’d grew.

3 Likes

Oh man. That’s beautiful. I wish I could have those actually someone might send me the hermies hopefully they get to do it haha. Never thought I’d see the day to be excited to get herms

2 Likes

I lost the plant I grew last year outdoors to budrot but I didn’t see any herm issues during the grow, maybe it does better outdoors than indoors?

4 Likes

Shoot it could be. Maybe it’s picky where it gets it’s nutrients from ? Idk man weed is wild

I was gifted 3 Fem MWCB from Mister bee im still going to pop them ill just have to watch out for nanners and baby the shit out of it.I just cant not pop these

I have about 20 beans on their way to you. Best of luck! I hope you share your tranny escapades with the rest of us.

I was really excited to grow these out. She looked gorgeous at the time, but then she showed her male bits and I wasn’t down with it.

13 Likes

I’m down to take one for the team my friend !

Again, I can’t thank you enough for being so kind and welcoming like everyone else. I really cherish having the opportunity to be here. It’s nice for a change and it fills my life with more meaning.

Thank you

5 Likes