Free your budshots! (Part 1)

Nice work @CoolerGuy

You know the genetics and growth is good when you got crystals like that shining nice in week 3. Those plants must love you, gonna be frosty.

Welcome to the site too man, glad you’re here. Hope you like it and looking forward to seeing more coolers lol.

Now you got my gears turning :thinking: I got a spare cooler in the garage and some spare nutes from a coco grow last year. Plus it would make for some easy access to a nice cold beer while in the grow room :joy:

1 Like

I just loved it from the getgo over buckets because these are bigger and light proof already, not to mention made of PVC! I just cut four ports into each, use two for plants and two for access ports with net pots and light proof tape around them as covers! Simple!

I have high hopes for these plants but I can’t seem to find any real info on genetics from ILGM. Next grow I have some Ethos genetics, Mandarin Cookies and Crescendo on deck!

Obviously excited for this harvest too!! Can’t stop staring at all the trichs on the edge of the sugar leaves for the NYC Diesel!! :heart_eyes:

Thanks for the welcome! Glad yo be here! Great community so far!!

1 Like

Hydro speeds up veg times like a mf. 3-4 weeks is like 6 in soil. So if you’re doing something with a shorter flowering time it’s only a couple weeks longer than most autos.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that ,learn something new everyday
What happens when you plants become massive in the little hydro pots

2 Likes

They end up looking like mine. :grin: all you need is a 5 gallon bucket, a net pot and an air pump.

2 Likes

Nice way to MacGyver it up. I like that.

Those next strains sound killa, been wanting to try Ethos Super Lemon Haze.

If you don’t make a journal please try to post some pics of the ripe buds when they’re ready in the free your budshots thread.

Thanks bro, or should I say guy. CoolerGuy!

1 Like

I have all them lol ,well I bought a fish tank pump one time someone told me to bubble the water before feeding I didn’t see any difference

Is their a thread on this diy hydro

A few.

this is basically how my setup is.

7 Likes

That is interesting I take it you fill the water up to the bottom of the pot you have inside the 5gallon one

1 Like

Yeah, you leave a bit of air space (1-2") between the bottom of the net pot and the top of the water.

4 Likes

This only works for one plant,you want more you have to do more buckets

1 Like

Yeah, multi site reseviors are pretty much only good for seedlings/clones- through early veg. After that they usually get there own buckets, though if you’re using a larger tote instead of a bucket you could comfortably put 2 plants start-finish. There’s also ebb & flow setups which are definitely floorspace savers compared to running multiple dwc sites.

2 Likes

Probably only get 4 5 gallon buckets in my 32-32-6ft tent I have to look into it

1 Like

For that size tent I wouldn’t do more than 2, plants get big fast in dwc.

I had 3 in a 3x3x6 when I started and it was incredibly tight in there. Still managed to pull a 1/2lb with 3 weeks of veg time.

2 Likes

1/2 pound from each plant

2 Likes

Nah, half pound total. If you’re pulling a lb and a half out of a 3x3 tent I need to know how :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Got a some what better phone for pictures from my last post =)

33 Likes

26 Likes

16 Likes