Fuck You Ida, Urgent advice needed on storm damage

She survived Henri like a champ, but remnants of Ida tore through last night and felled my beast :angry:

I called in to work today to deal with “storm damage”

There are so many questions I have about what to do…tape it up and see what goes? Prune back broken branches and support the rest? What about what to do with whatever I decide to trim? Hash, butter?

12 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss!!

I shoulda posted this two days ago. When heavy weather is expected We button up the plants tightly to prevent damage.

If they were frosty hash could be some saving grace.

I don’t wanna be negative believe me I feel your pain. Duct tape and a splint will work on straight breaks but that is a nasty intersection there… I’m not sure that would work on that

16 Likes

I was expecting rain, but not wind. The weather is so fucked these days. A tornado touched down here yesterday. There were walls of water in the NYC subways.

3 Likes

You’ll probably need two people, one to hold it up and together but just tape or wrap twine or something around it real tight to hold it together n she’ll heal, maybe put some honey and vitamin b powder if you have/can get it in the wounds (anyone second this?) once you’ve got it put back together to help heal and reduce shock, add supports as needed so it doesn’t fall back down.

You can 100% fix her but she’s gonna be stunted for two weeks maybe

8 Likes

Get some help to hold it together and put a stainless hose clamp on and try and re align as best as possible. Then wrap it…maybe even 2 clamps…then stake it and hope for the best.

5 Likes

That’s a pretty bad break. If you could line up the broken pieces so they match, tape them up, and then support them in some way you might be ok. I use duct tape on broken branches and I’ve also done it in intersections but never on something this bad:

I can’t tell from your pics but it looks like the bud is too early to make hash from, at least from what I can see. It might be a write off.

If there would still be enough plant after cutting off the thrashed limbs that might have to be enough. Given the damage you might just have to make due with a half a plant instead of a full one. Best of luck.

6 Likes

Tape and stake it. Definitely need at least two extra people besides yourself. It’s the only option you have other than trashing it. I would tape it up good. They also make a rubber’ish type of plant non sticky type of tape. It’s made to flex as the plant grows. You just wrap it, and tie it off.

4 Likes

Tape and ziptie lightly.

4 Likes

Heart breaking, sorry this happened. Hope you can repair the damage and they bounce back for you. Best of luck!

2 Likes

So long as there is a flap of fiber connecting the branch to the stem the branch will survive. Support and secure.
Now my experience was with much smaller branches…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Tape, wire, zip tie, girdle it with garden wire, hell, I’d have my damned stapler out to save that!

5 Likes

:thinking:
thread title sounds like an old song… :notes:

:man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Well, this is the best I could do… fingers crossed for some kind of recovery

15 Likes

Good job, cannabis is a pretty hardy plant.

1 Like

I went through the last 6 weeks of bud with a pair of vice grips holding a 10 foot main stem of a strawberry diesel together. They are really strong plants.

8 Likes

Looking good this morning. Thanks all :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Ha, I remember that. So true, cannabis plants are the shit.

Good looking job with the repair @FreeAtLast! Good luck!

3 Likes

If the tape doesn’t hold; do a wrap over splints with jute cordage tight enough to retain strength, but not tight enough to bite into the plant.

All the best!

4 Likes