Incredible ability of plants to recover

Training accident :speak_no_evil:

Amazing that plants naturally overcome potentially fatal injures, secure their life, and flourish with procreation. humanity is losing sight of this every generation :smirk:

9 Likes

i snapped a branch nearly clean off while trying to put in a scrog, i duct taped it but couldn’t get the split tight together so i expected the branch to die off and it never did! it’s amazing! is that one healed up?

2 Likes

It’s been a week and it’s slowly healing itself…gotta say even tho it was almost completely severed. It has some of the strongest and quickest growth shoots on the plant. Should be healed over by next week

3 Likes

I was traveling with 3 clones that were nearly ready to flip maybe 3 - 4 weeks ago. Another driver cut the guy in front of me off, and sure enough an easy transport turned into a catastrophe for 2 of the 3 traveling with me.

They are in flip now with clones to spare!

:seedling: :herb:

1 Like

Oh man if I had a picture every time I accidently did something bad to them your page wouldn’t load, and they always seem to come back :muscle:

Never gets old, for every one I accidentally snap off. Two more takes its place.

4 Likes

Before…

After…12 days later

8 Likes

Incredible! is that just in the 12 days since posting the first picture?

2 Likes

Yep 12 days later she is healed!

2 Likes

did you tie it up to try and close the wound or was it left open like in the first picture? maybe supported the broken branch?

2 Likes

After it snapped threw about 75% I just let it be and stopped training that branch. Left it open as you see in the first pic and haven’t looked at it until today when I was pruning.

2 Likes

I just wanted to provide the final update of this plant.

The stem that broke, recovered and produced one of the bigger buds on the plant. Glad I didn’t chop it!

7 Likes

Call that super-mega-ultra cropping.

4 Likes

It is likely that the big buds would have formed there in the first place, and the stress may have resulted in an increase.

1 Like

True, If the plant decided to make that particular stem more dominate over the others. Then I can see why the plant healed itself so quickly and devoted its nutrients and hormones to that specific branch to recover so efficiently. Amazing what a plant does in order to procure health for itself.

2 Likes

You would too if mother nature would let you, lol.

99%

1 Like

You guys have busted my bubble! I was sure I was either the luckiest newbie grower around, or that I had a hidden super green thumb that I didnt know about.

I accidentally broke a stem trying to supercrop for the first time. There was just a thin piece of outer skin holding this on and I was going to cut it off, but I got sidetracked and forgot till later in the day. When I went back to cut it, it still looked really good, so I decided to leave it.

That was 7 days ago. I wasnt trying to get pics of this specifically, so they are not great pics.

You cant see the actual break, but you can see how that stem is laying down almost flat.

The next day it looked like this. The tip is already starting to turn up and it doesnt look unhappy at all!

This is how it looks today.

Really amazing!

4 Likes

They got a job to do, and they will get it done.

99%

1 Like

Following I’m always fking up so I’m sure I’ll be back soon with some examples hahaha