JohnnyPotseed’s Germination Technique

See above?
Alright, I’m putting the joint down now… you DID ask about the clones here lol

1 Like

Update, 1 more went into the cups this morning, and still have several left that are slowly coming out… So far only 2 aren’t standing tall in the cups after germinating.

Last and final update… The last 7-8 seeds were finally popping, so I put them into cups. If they stand up fine, if not O F W ! lol … Need that area for more stuff so not taking any more time with this.

This was just a small demonstration of how I germinate my seeds, and as you good folks can see… it works pretty damn good. In the cups, there’s only 1 or 2 not standing up nicely. Overall, I’d say almost 100% success, or close enough!

Thanks to everyone that followed this, and for letting me take some of your time. I hope it’s enlightened some, and given new ideas as to ‘alternative methods’ !

THAT’S ALL FOLKS!

34 Likes

Thank you do much for sharing this method. Do you have any experience using it to germinate old seed stock? I’ve heard worm castings excell at this task.
:+1::seedling:

5 Likes

I do it for all seeds. In the case of old or even very old seeds, there’s a bit more involved.

Then I run them through this process shown here until they’re done.

14 Likes

How did you come to this preference?

This is very dope will try thank you!!!

Let me know how that goes… just started using light warrior myself. Beats the hell outta black gold!

I had heard things over the years about side effects etc, I never used them or anything other than the old school method of rodilization personally, so it’s just something I never used and always recommended against ‘chemical assists’ but nowadays I’m trying to get into the 21st century lol so hey, try em if ya wanna… .

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this technique @JohnnyPotseed I have loads of worm castings so I might try this

This interests me but I can’t find where that step is in the write up

3 Likes

Castings are loaded with it naturally

4 Likes

@sct2020 for sure, I just read your post incorrectly I thought the seeds were getting inoculated before hand. I’ve read of that working well also

1 Like

I used to pre dust seeds with mycco, but found just giving them mycco during veg builds enough colonies

That’s what I was referring to, Jeff Lowenfels mentions it in his books

1 Like

It’s common practice for legume farming.

1 Like

Wow this is super unique and I’m glad you decided to share with us. The worm castings don’t burn the seedlings at all?

2 Likes

lol, some people, like me, have asked and Johnny will tell you… I will certainly use this pretty soon!! no burning, according to @JohnnyPotseed, but let’s allow the man say it himself! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nope never in over 20 yrs doing it this way, the seeds absolutely love it, that’s all!

5 Likes

3hrs later:

(why three hours? have you seen threads of @JohnnyPotseed 's garden! We were lucky it was only 3 hours!) :laughing:

4 Likes

It took too damn long, that’s what @Pigeonman is saying, knowing you my friend, he’s like, “where the heck is he? Hasn’t answered yet!? Something must be wrong… well!”

I know, he was busy in the kitchen, with coffee and blunts! Or tokes?

I ain’t complaining, good timing on your part!! LOL! :smiley: :joy: :flushed: :upside_down_face:

in over 20 yrs doing it… good enough for me! it’ll be my next too!

3 Likes