Girl Scout Cookies preference

It’s alot hype out here on the west coast. I, personally, feel that the GSC is nothing special. It’s not because I don’t know how to grow. It just doesn’t measure up to the other things that I have. Whoever did that cross has a decent highland afghan; but its not the end all be all of Afghanis. It’s the flavor of the week.

7 Likes

Just got the original Thin Mints GSC. Won’t be flowering her with everything else as I’m gonna wait for her to grow up and get some cuts off her.

4 Likes

sweet make sure to get some shots up when you do

2 Likes

All the GSC I have tried is photogenic but otherwise bland and boring. I even have began suspecting that I cannot smell what others do in this strain? What does it smell like to you? To me, pretty ‘meh’ with no specific bite to the nose at all. I would take Durban or Cherry Pie over GSC any day of the week.

I have never grown it, and still would in order to give it a fair shake. But there are a lot of things that are getting preference in my garden.

3 Likes

is this a stupid question - if it’s a clone-only strain, how can there be 3 different clones?

for example the Dynasty strain I’m growing now is supposed to be based on the “Platinum” cut, but there are 2 other ones? Someone must have started with a batch of seeds and taken 3 different plants?

2 Likes

Same with Cheese (exodus, bright…), Chem (skunkVA, 4, 3 …) … pedigrees of “clone only” is something like a labyrinth that lead nowhere else that neverending debates ^^ I think that the best behavior to adopt is simply to get an oz of the different versions, choose your favorite, then don’t give a fck about the dramas, ego wars and legends that are generally behind each single cut ^^

For the taste of GSC (thin mint) i’m unable to describe it really. But i like it : it’s complex, strong both in nasal and palate and not annoying in daily use. But not for those that prefer more fruity/sugared skunks, by example.

And no, it don’t taste like cookies like i read sometimes but the potency can help for that if you focus on it enough i guess ^^ It’s the type of weed with a variable taste in a single cone, like a little the neville haze. You don’t get the same taste with low heat when you light the cone, the middle heat when the cone is half consumed, then high heat at the end of it. Exactly like a high grade cigar in fact.

For me the taste is a mix of a pure pakistani grown without any nutes, a fresh lebanese hash with a body of a very dry sativa like the malawi (but without its taste, just the smoke type). And i’m unable to translate that in food, drinks, vegetables … i’m not very talented for that btw.

7 Likes

you need to sign up for a wine-tasting class! They teach you how to sound like a proper snob :smile:

3 Likes

Lol you’re totally right.

2 Likes

Wine snobs, God wants us to punch them in the nose just for being pretentious.

2 Likes

No ! No one will buy these crappy wines if not them lol

1 Like

I was going to sign you up for marijuana sommelier classes for Christmas, but now I have nothing to give you :sob:

3 Likes

Obviously people found seeds in bags of the original Forum cut, and experimented with them. GSC is also very hermaphroditic.

2 Likes

The time to understand how to feed her rightly, and to test somes things, i’ve trashed her a bit and i will not classify her in the worse cases. I find the ESCD and the trainwreck arcata twice bitchy imho

Damn if i continue to speak about it, everyone will think that this cut was a keeper here and than i’m a fan ^^ Absolutly not the case. But that’s the only good side of “elite cuts” for me, you can speak with friends about the same exact plant.

1 Like

I find that the low yielding, finicky plants with popcorn buds are usually the ones I gravitate to for my heady/conniessuer stash, like OG’s and Cookies crosses etc.

3 Likes

What is the difference between “Thin Mint” and “Forum Cut”?

1 Like

I understand forum cut is more dank,body odor smelling and is a earlier release and thin mint is the final product that Berner never released except in bud form. Thin mint cut having the “cookies” flavor. (sweet, cocoa, earthy light pine or mint if you are thinking about it)

2 Likes

I’m starting to understand this - the plant I labeled “runt” from my Dynasty Huckleberry Cookies turns out to have the best flowers - amazing taste of blueberry menthol, the smell does not resemble cannabis at all. I am saving my last 1/4 ounce of it to savor it. GSC does make some great crosses. But if you want huge yield better look elsewhere.

2 Likes

I bought this one and it says “Twister”

2 Likes

Good hunting! :grin:

1 Like

I grow both.
Forum is the original Cookies
Thin Mints has platinum kush in it if I’m not mistaken…

Thin mints a 5.5 weeks I think

5 Likes