Girl Scout Cookies preference

• Cali Connection 6 fem seeds
  • Mosca Seeds 20 Reg seeds

0 voters

Can you help a customer of the Wild Orchid Seed Bank, make up his mind about which one of the two to acquire?

Outsourcing for the customers… Thanks my people.

3 Likes

I never buy fem seeds, so my vote is biased in a way.

4 Likes

With @Fuel on purchasing fem seeds. Personal pref. I’m hung up on the genetic rant.

2 Likes

ive heard cali connection doesnt even have the real cookies but then upon further reasearch an from berner him self said they have cookies just not his pheno of it so for what its worth berner from what i see is pretty picky on who he gives cuts an stuff too he said a couple seed prolly got out there but it was before the lines were stabilized

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback, but this was about voting which one you would prefer… Thanks.

1 Like

oh i see i thought i would help someone make a informed choice instead of just going with the pack

5 Likes

And i appreciate it, but you didn´t even cast a vote… Next time maybe, thanks.

2 Likes

vote cast XD still help out in any way i can

3 Likes

Thanks i appreciate it very much. You are helping someone.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Legitimate breeders/ best practices…discussion…name names if you want

sometimes feminized is the better option… i’d rather self pollinate a clone only strain than using an unrelated male and trying to breed it back out

Better to simply maintain the cut and smoke it undiluted in this specific case.

3 Likes

So much about the cuts, i might have to clone every plant just to see when i hit the lotto. But having smoked brickweed for at least 95% of my adult life, i am lead to believe whatever weed i grow my own, if it’s got some good genetics in it at least it will be the best i ever smoked… More than likely.

7 Likes

I know Cali Connect gets a bad wrap, but I think their Cookies is one of their more stable and quality strains. I’ve only seen 2 of their strains grown, the Tahoe and the Cookies, both fire. But I’ve heard a lot of nightmare stories about Cali Connect hermies and customer service.

3 Likes

Anybody got pics of either strain? :smirk:

Please guys help me out with info on this strain Girl Scout Cookies ?

All I know about it is that there are 2 phenos / genos !?!? Thin Mint and Not sure on the other ??

I have heard of forum cuts, crosses etc but I’m looking for the genuine article or as close as I can find.

Surely some of the Americans and Canadians would be able to help as I understand it was created on that side of the pond.

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I am looking to be informed and educated about this strain;

Is it a cross of Cherry Pie X Durban Poison X (??) Kush ??

Where did it come from in the first place who bred it and stabilized it ?
Was it cubed or selfed, I hear about clone only a lot ?
Who has won what with it?
How is it best grown to achieve best yields and quality (balance)?
What kind of feeding regimes does it like heavy, light, is it hungry or light on nutes ?
What kind of heights does it reach and how does it stretch when triggered to 12/12 ?
What kind of environment does it thrive in best temps and humidity ?
Is it prone to bud rot?

Please help @Baudelaire @Subcool @MiG @legalcanada @Calyxander @Growinnblowin @Viva_Mexico @ReikoX @LED_Seedz @BreederSteve

@ AT ANYONE WITH INFO PLEASE I’m all :ear: :ear: :ear:

Thanks in advanced guys :wink:

1 Like

Strain Highlights

Girl Scout Cookies, or GSC, is an OG Kush and Durban Poison hybrid cross whose reputation grew too large to stay within the borders of its California homeland. With a sweet and earthy aroma, Girl Scout Cookies launches you to euphoria’s top floor where full-body relaxation meets a time-bending cerebral space. A little goes a long way with this hybrid, whose THC heights have won Girl Scout Cookies numerous Cannabis Cup awards. Patients needing a strong dose of relief, however, may look to GSC for severe pain, nausea, and appetite loss.

There are several different phenotypes of the Girl Scout Cookies strain including Thin Mint and Platinum Cookies, which exhibit some variation in appearance and effect. Typically, however, Girl Scout Cookies expresses its beauty in twisting green calyxes wrapped in purple leaves and fiery orange hairs. Patients and consumers looking to cultivate this cannabis staple themselves should wait 9 to 10 weeks for their indoor plants to finish flowering.

4 Likes

I wonder if its the same Durban Poison that found its way there as the one we had here via The First Positronics seed bank 1980s era.

Some members here must have good in depth knowledge about this variety ??? Please share :vulcan:

2 Likes

Is it a cross of Cherry Pie X Durban Poison X (??) Kush ??

Pedigree in elite cuts is something to forget. You will get more legends and trolls that usefully infos.
Somes say that the Durban blood is carry by the Cherry Pie, others say that this blood is directly injected in the final generation … who known. Being op on pure south africaan strains, i can say that the shape of the GSC have nothing to have with the Durban, even in taste (very specific for the durban) or grow performances/shape. In fact the shape remember me more a thin NL hybrid crossed with a low yield pakistani, not a theory just a feedback to image the plant.

Where did it come from in the first place who bred it and stabilized it ?

Cookie fam / Berner. I guess lol I don’t known if one can say “stabilized” because it’s initially just a lucky cut, like many more. Like the GG4 if you want, this is not a strain on its own and the owners are unable to reproduce the performance with others bloods.

Was it cubed or selfed, I hear about clone only a lot ?

Just the cut, yes. You have the platinium, the thin mint and the forum cut … My hands and my lungs known only the thin mint. On seeds side i’ve no interrest in diluted version with the tons of “one shot outcrosses” around. I wait a true inbred line, wich will never happend i think due to the technicity needed to fix this fragile equilibrum wich is the GSC. You can’t spray it with chems and do the trick like that in expecting to keep the grade, so in our modern market of junk food, it’s “impossible” to imagine.

Who has won what with it?

It’s pharaonic to list every “winner” entries using this blood, since soon more that 8 years. For sure, it’s an international champion but i think that all started at emerald cup. Not sure on it, lazzy to check ^^

How is it best grown to achieve best yields and quality (balance)?

In fact there is no balance between quality and yield with this cut. ON/OFF style. This lady is greedy and it’s why you see so many grow logs with heavy overfert GSC, that look like disgusting plastic plant. The best feedback that i can give is to consider that focusing on its yield is bad understanding the cut’s equilibrum itself. I’ve not tryed to cheat the yield with aeroponic but a DWC or bubbler don’t really make a difference. The yield is very “hardcoded” in this blood and you don’t want to push it then smoke your nutes. The problematic is that the taste and the odor are really strong, it push mids farmers to dangerously overfert this cut. At the point that i got a clone only for the potency tasted on street’s weed, not for the incredible taste that i’ve discovered later in my own space.

Add to it that if the cut react very well and fast to P and K, to rightly flush it is a pain. Greedy to the bone lol If your tongue and palate are picky like me about the residual nutes in vegetal mass, the use of humic acid is an obligation to rightly flush this cut and get all the spectrum of the aromas.

The use of fulvic during the flowering stage can help too, at the condition that you perfectly master chelates mechanism and that you have at least twos or three rounds in mileage on this cut. The option to feed it without pushing the limits then flushing it hardcore gived to me the best compromise between simplicity and maximum potential. If i produced weed with it for a living, i will change my opinion and cumulate the twos for sure. If you produce a top grade GSC, you produce gold.

What kind of feeding regimes does it like heavy, light, is it hungry or light on nutes ?

She can be grown just like a NL until the twos first week of 12/12. After, the hard part begin and you have to trust more your eyes and your experience on bitchy strains that your ec meter. If you allready known how to best flower a SSH#2, you allready known how to deal with it. These type of plants can’t be feeded with predefined program in fact, you have to adapt each week until the end during the flowering stage. For sure it’s not a boring plant to grow ^^

In organic supersoil i’m not enough op to share something usefull to best plan the feeding program, i’ve never growed it outdoor btw.

She’s not hungry like a skunk for sure, but the trick is to understand that she need a specific program. Apply a low rate skunk program (rich in N), and she will collect carency and harvest less that 10 grammers per clone in SOG… with hays undertones. Just like a NL. Apply the same program at medium rate, and you get plastic buds that taste oily. Keeping the base low and juggling with the flo boosters permit to be enough accurate with a good margin of freedom. She answer very well to the Top Shooter if you cut all others nutes, i generally do it one week before starting the humic flush. Optimally i got 20 grammers per cut in SOG on my best rounds without destroying the plant, in hydro with a root mass boosted with root excellurator all the life of the plant. The GSC have not a strange ion exchange in roots like the chemD that trigger variegation like that, you’re pretty free to do what you want on this side. Mothers answer very well and fast to root trimming. Cloning performance are average, you have to totally avoid foliar spray in vegetative stage or she become too lazzy and she hate grow in too wet soil, o² is her drug.

What kind of heights does it reach and how does it stretch when triggered to 12/12 ?

Not really stretchy, in (true) SOG you end with clones that don’t are bigger that 30 centimeters (plant only). But annoying like a NL with weak side branching and a pretty chaotic shape when you grow it “old school”, without defoliation, cuts, training … can be a good girl for training if spending all this time on a low yield plant is not a problem. It will increase drastically the cost of the grammer by the extra light needed in this vein, she’s a dragster only in motherplant to get clones lol

What kind of environment does it thrive in best temps and humidity ?

This plant is pretty “dry” in fact, and you can feel it even with a rosin toke. In bonus to be not specially a concentrated high yielder, not so many sap everywhere. Nothing to have with a juicy vegetal mass of a sweet tooth or a critical mass. To mold it indoor , you have to want it or to have horrible conditions. Now, my temps and hygro are fixed all the year at the same rate, no matter what i grow. Temp max-min 20°c and hygro never higher that 40% (my red zone). I’m not the guy that saturate his space like an amazonian jungle. Living pollen and trichomes don’t really like water.

Is it prone to bud rot?

Can’t tell for outdoor, but don’t expect dense baseball bats. It’s not a yielder.

12 Likes

Well if that doesn’t make for an answer, what will? LOL

A lot of in depth info here!

1 Like

Thank you for the information @Fuel very helpful :+1:

2 Likes