Girl Scout Cookies preference

N more questions:… what “kind” of Durban Poison was used.?.. A"real" Durban Poison, or “samethin” like the strain called “Durban Poison” by Dutch Passion or Sensi ( for example )?..

1 Like

I haven’t grown any of the GSC cuts but @Fuel seems to lay out what I’ve seen and heard about the cut - it is a cutting, not a strain, sorry seed mongers. It is all the rage in NorCal dispensaries and at the Cups. Two years from now nobody will grow it.

Durban heritage, and lineage in general, is unconfirmed and mostly urban myth. Could be, Durban has certainly been grown and bred in NorCal going back to the '70s when Ed R brought it over from SA. I had some excellent pure Durban last year from Emerald Pharms in Hopland. So it’s certainly possible, but I wouldn’t think of GSC as a Durban hybrid. There’s little to no Durban characteristics in the finished product at least.

GSC is more similar, if not a solid member of, the OG Kush family. Crystally, solid chunky nugs, sweet and candy like terpene profile, high THC, strong indica stone. I’m sure others can wax more poetically about it - properly done it is definitely a top-shelf smoke among indica-dom hybrids. But I don’t doubt @Fuel 's description of a finicky, low yielder - it’s likely highly inbred.

The cut is widely available right now in the Calif. grower community and at the clone nurseries, which means it is being crossed and selfed and double-fem’d with every other elite cut out there. “Cookie” strains in every stripe coming to your Seed-Mart soon…

-b420

10 Likes

How come Mosca Seeds claim to have a Regular version of the GSC?

1 Like

They don’t. They have crosses of GSC with a Blue Moonshine (DJ Short) line and a “Pink 2.0” line which I gather is a worked line of Sweet Pink Grapefruit. Gotta read the fine print. At least Mosca gives props to their strains’ lineage. -b420

5 Likes

Will definitely have to do that yes. Like any industry, ours is full of liars man, that makes me sad.

2 Likes

Mosca does a lot right - they lean on heritage to market their crosses, as opposed to so many new breeders who act like their strains were delivered by alien higher life forms from another galaxy, when they are just (TopSellingCut#1 X TopSellingCut#2), reversed and crossed, or spanked with a house stud male.

9 Likes

i thought berner said no one has his cut of GSC, i wouldnt be surprised if some companys just pollen chucked with a durban poison and OG kush of their own then called it GSC

2 Likes

THANK YOU @Baudelaire

Greatly appreciated information :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Mosca and not fems as well. But for a better Cookie cross Bodhi makes some good F1s… as no one really has pure forum cut of the GSC in seed form.

1 Like

is the forum cut the thin mint ?

The forum cut is the original while the thin mint is crossed to the platinum Kush (Bay Area cut)

Lived in SF for a while 2010-2013 and had it when it first came out and was all the rage but just didn’t yield for shit. Great smoke but I couldn’t justify the space needed. Am actually getting it back soon from a buddy.

4 Likes

I did make a cross w my Haterade male to the Platinum… have like 10-30 beans left. But that’s a whole other story
Haterade is Afwreck x (Afgooey/Rez’s Sour D)
I do have like 50 beans of that F2 left.

its a og an a f1 of durban poison cross berner is the one credited to it berner415 is his insta cookies has became a brand defitnatly

this is true no one has his cut if any one got cookie seed it was from before the genes were stabilized

1 Like

Berner calls them fortune cookies. Seeds that where found in sacks and grown out. I heard the same that Berner has the only original Girl Scout in clone form.(You Tube and Hydro Shop gossip)

3 Likes

this is true i think once he got his genes down he stopped breeding it an went straight to clones other people have his cuts but they are “cookie fam” he found a way to franchise his strains man a business genius

2 Likes

F1 Durb isn’t actually known what’s in the cross

Yeah maybe. But cuts called GSC are everywhere. $12 in Oakland

5 Likes

It’s alot hype out here on the west coast. I, personally, feel that the GSC is nothing special. It’s not because I don’t know how to grow. It just doesn’t measure up to the other things that I have. Whoever did that cross has a decent highland afghan; but its not the end all be all of Afghanis. It’s the flavor of the week.

7 Likes

Just got the original Thin Mints GSC. Won’t be flowering her with everything else as I’m gonna wait for her to grow up and get some cuts off her.

4 Likes