Going to try my hand at some outdoor guerilla grows this coming season. Any Advice?

Try not to take the same way in each time or you’ll have a trail to your plants. If there’s any water near by(but not right beside), carry a fishing rod. It can be a bit of a pain but it can also assure prying eyes. Know what fish are in there in case someone asks (who may know and is being nosy). I’d make a small barrier of sticks, just 3, around small plants to prevent deer from stomping them. Remove once they’re a metre tall. I’d make dust from garden sulphur/corn starch/talc and dust small plants to keep bugs and especially deer away. If it’s a swampy area watch for slugs, they can wipe you out when plants are small. hand pick them off if you have to. If you need GPS to find your spot (the harder to find the better) make sure you have many false waypoints in the area just in case. Carry “work clothes” in a backpack, and gloves. Pretty obvious if you come out wearing camo with dirty hands and a shovel.

And you can carry a lot of plants if you take them out of their pots and shake the excess soil off them. Stack them in a bag beside each other. Stack those bags beside each other. You can literally carry over 100 plants if you’re careful and only mess up a couple this way.

Or so I’ve heard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

There was one near me. Looked primo, but was 30m thru the woods to a school (school zones are WAY bad to get caught in).

Well, a few years ago, beavers moved into the area. turned 4 little ponds into an 8 acre pond, and that “primo” spot is now under 4ft of water.

Things ya don’t consider in the spring, when they arent there, and are surprised in the fall, when you go back.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m excited just to give it a shot. Should be an interesting season lol

2 Likes

This may be a dumb question but I would still ph the water if I grab it from the nearby stream?

1 Like

There is no such thing as a dumb question. If you add dolomite lime to your soil mix that should buffer the ph just fine. (1/2 cup per gallon of soil) And no need to Ph the stream water.

3 Likes

I use trail cameras everywhere, I tell a couple of friends so when I’m stuck at work 25-30+ miles away during a drought I SAY Hey man go water our fucking weed, NO-BODY,I MEAN NOBODY WANTS THAT CHORE…LMAO.

2 Likes

Move to a REC state, OR as i Do. I work area up in the summer and fall for next season. Small camp shovels i leave for the next year or mushroom hunter.

2 Likes

Of course not, bring a wood chipper and a body instead of Promix :grin:

2 Likes

I love using minute amounts of Dolomite, Calcium, Magnesium and PH up. It is a must with Peat Moss.

The lime is good advice.

I would probably do a single pH test of the stream just to know where I’m at.

It’s just my way. I’d pretend I was an environmental scientist/surveyor or something and wear an appropriate hat.

1 Like

All very good advice above.
My 2 cents: Mithra’s point on the crystal polymers will get you through drought times when the stream near your spot drys up in late July.
Chicken wire cages to keep the damn rabbits from eating the plants you just placed.
Dead Line around your holes every time you visit after a heavy rain. Slugs will either eat or slime up your most beautiful colas.
Water bed bladders are cheap reservoirs, but they’re fragile.
A 5 gallon bucket with a hose attachment at the bottom placed in the stream uphill from your spot with lots of hose beats hauling buckets of water.
Use dead fall to make a natural fence around the spot. Keeps bigger critters out.
Best of fortunes!

Gotcha!

5 Likes

(It uses up the nutrients in my brain) :joy:

OK, if you live in a Place thats not too dry then i found it possible with not too mch effort.

I do it like this:
I go around an search for the most hidden spot, and thats for you to decide where you think noone is walking trough…
So, either i look for a spot thats hidden PLUS good soil, or i look for a spot thats hidden, wuth good Soil nearby.
I find Grassland is very good soild for plain nature… grassland grows good weed… So i sometimes dig out the Grass-soil nearby and use this for my Spot nearby.

Forrest soil is compared to that sometimes pretty poor…

So, you get it , i try to find a Spot with good soil nearby, so i dont have to drive around bought Soil…
And like said green Grasslands, pretty ok Soil…

You check the soil, if its too Loamy, thats bad, if its to Sandy, thats bad… If try to form your Soil, and you manage to make sausage, and it holds together, thats too loamy… unusable,
On the other hand if it just falls appart like sand does basically, thats not good either.

So, you found good soil, then you can add a bit longterm-fertilier, plant in Ground, NO POTS, that way i dont have to water really… You can also plant it like in a indentation, , stack the soil around the plant a bit higher. this woll hold moisture even longer…

So, i had pretty few problems with animals… but with snails i had. alot–
Bring out your plants atleast Kneehigh, plus buy Copper-Tape (in any gardenstore) . Needs to be atleast 2Inch Broad, otherwise too much snails go over it.
So i cut a 5 Inch long piece away from that Copper-band, and stick the sticky side onto itselve (onto the other end to form a ring) . Its sticky enough to hold well together… So i have my 2inch Copper barrier that i place artound my Plants stalk… With two thin sticks i hold it in position at the bottom…
(sorry im to lazy to upload pics now, i hope you understood my broken english).

Thats about it… The copper prevents alot snails… And that way you can bring out the plants less than kneehigh, just the height thy reach if you start them in Cups at your South-facing window…

They will survive the biggest enemy Snails MOST often…
I had most often no dears, but had some for shure in one particullar spot, i guess they made party there… they ate everything multiple times… But most often i had no need for fences… Thats why you can buy pretty cheap wire (i thought its hella expensive)… But you can try without too… Most often no problem.

I would check plants most often when young till they are like hips-high… from then on they are pretty doing pretty well on their own…
Its really Snails, a bit of Drought difficulties when young, cause their Rootball doesent reach low… Thats why its also cool to add the best soil right in the center around your seedlings… probably best to add one pack of bought soil in the middle… if possible…
Thats it… Enough direct sunlight, cause indirect has no effect on them, they will stagnate in shade… importent to know too…

Carry a gold pan then you also get to carry a shovel without suspicion, try and automate watering and go there the least amount of times possible.

3 Likes

We used an acronym in the Army: OCOKA.
Observation
Cover and concealment
Obstacles
Key terrain features
Avenues of approach

-Observation means what you can see from the area.
-Cover means protection from enemy fire (hopefully not going to be an issue) while concealment means being hidden from sight.
-Obstacles are anything that would keep someone from getting in or out of the area.
-Key terrain features are anything such as a hill, boulder, a depression, etc.
-Avenues of approach are any way someone could get into the area, and where it’s most likely.

Dear @wahatchi > Most of the growers love guerilla > I fell the passion in this flow > don´t you ?

2 inputs :green_heart: :axe: :call_me_hand: :skunk: :spider:

3 Likes

I found if you didn’t look after it, it usually wasn’t so great.

2 Likes

True, but it’s always good to have a little cannabis colony. Cannabis should be wild and free, and available to anyone and everyone willing to apply a little elbow grease.

Yes swamp grows are done around here. They float lettuce in styrofoam in nutrient rich water. Same deal.

I’ve also heard about big piles of mix just dropped there and they wick up the moisture to acceptable levels.

Some kind of fertilizer is still a good idea

2 Likes