Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Mornin’ Y’all,
That Baby Blue encore!!

@Cartwright get out of jail and proceed to go!

6 Likes

Thank you Sir Crunchy for the get out of jail free card :wink: Now where was I? Oh ya, '91 MSG run, by days of the week…

Hey, another Saturday night!
Double opener :smile: LTGTR>Jack Straw

Mail order was good to us for sure. Got these nosebleed seats, and just stayed there, for an easy mellow show.
Brews and doobs only this night.
The boys laid it on pretty thick, as there was to be no Sunday the 15th show.
Back with more on the 16th, 17th, and 18th shows at MSG.

9 Likes

The Palace at Auburn Hills came up in conversation. I saw the two shows there in March '92. The first night had a great Morning Dew, and that fun Gloria encore. The second was Hornsby’s last show with the band. They did the train horn coming out of Space a few times in that era and that was really cool to witness in person!

View from behind the stage - Billy hits the horn at the 10 minute mark: https://youtu.be/B7JCUCrC4Hg

It is worth skipping to the end to see the horn rig and the reaction when he triggers it.

6 Likes

Love that horn, good times
Bruce is hilarious in the kahki’s

7 Likes

Good morning and Happy Halloween fellow Deadheads and OGers!
:ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

Mornin’ y’all,
Happy Halloween! I would have lost my shit with that spooky space opener! Yikes!!

8 Likes

Belated spooky wishes to you all :ghost:
Longest walk from car lot to show on record, good time was had by all.

8 Likes

And…I guess I spaced on the finish of the '91 MSG run. We were in the thick of it. The 16th was an off night for me, sat home and chilled. Tuesday the 17th was a different story.

I was gifted ‘clown face’ in the train on the way in. Figured I’d be spending the ‘trip’ with the dude, guess not, he vanishes the second the doors of train open. No biggie, solo show, here we go.

They ripped it up from start to finish. Sid was so kind, he let me nap at halftime;) The cleanest ever, mailed to our dorm room;) Danced til my feet fell off. Check out the close out , TS>NFA E:US Blues, just ripping.

8 Likes

Gonna be seeing Daniel Donato tonight. Hoping to hear a couple dead tracks while in there!

5 Likes

Band sounds good.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

I get a lot of mileage out of Eyes of the World…Thanks Jerry and Robert Hunter!!

6 Likes

Morning and Happy Friday to everyone! :v:

6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Is there an app/website you cats are using for JGB shows? I use relisten for Dead stuff, but they dont do JGB.

6 Likes

Get youtube Premium …they have an app

Its worth it you get smooth music listening!

6 Likes
8 Likes

ooh, yer chicken to die

6 Likes

A tape that was owned by most of us :wink:

5 bucks to get in

6 Likes

Here’s something good … stumbled onto today!

7 Likes