Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

11 Likes

:coffee:

10 Likes

Earlier JGBā€¦

Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders together is always awesome!!

Crazy how close this show was to the start of Europe 72 in Wembley on April 7 1972, Jerry was a very productive musician to say the least.

His side projects like New Riders of the Purple sage, Old and in the Way, Legion of Mary, and also Garcia and Grisman in the later days each arrangement all was amazing in their own right and sometimes get overlooked a bit compared to Grateful Dead material.

11 Likes
11 Likes

Happy New Years!

10 Likes
13 Likes

Sure do get a lot of mileage out of 90s Jerry and these tunes!

The sound @ the gardenā€¦ is really powerful and the clarity

10 Likes
9 Likes

How about some after dinner dead

12 Likes

In the mood for some Terrapin this morningā€¦

10 Likes

Always loved this show. It also has my 10 month oldā€™s favorite Heā€™s Gone.

11 Likes

This makes great Christmas musicā€¦Had this as Christmas music in the backroundā€¦works for me!

Merry Christmas! Hope you got all your stuff wrapped up today!

11 Likes

Great choice @herbgreen ! ! !

Excellent Holiday Music ! ! !

Merry Christmas to You and Yours ! ! ! :sparkles: :christmas_tree: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Good morning OGers and Deadheads! Happy Friday to all.
:christmas_tree:

7 Likes

I hardly have anything left from shows I went to, but I found this in a drawer in my guest room I forgot about it completely but itā€™s from the time I went to Phil and Friends at Terrapin Crossroads when it was still open and I got so dosed I couldnā€™t take bus lines back to SF as I had plannedā€¦

Earlier that day I met a cool cat in the lot who had an older VW bus, and we chatted for a bit and he drove me across the bay overnight to Berkeley Shakedown Street Festival, which was so damn coolā€¦ I got to play an Alembic guitar for the first time and met so many kind people, those memories Iā€™ll never forget!

I remember getting out of his bus the next morning before walking around to explore the festival and immediately seeing friends that I knew from Haight Ashbury and other parts of SF.

Later that day, I miraculously found out how to get back to SF from Berkeley where I was at and eventually made it to Haight like I had originally intended until I found out about Phil & Friends that weekend and headed up to San Rafael.

Sorry for the long ass story yā€™all itā€™s just crazy how much flashed through my mind when I even picked up this thingā€¦

Heres some JGB, I hope everyone has an awesome Friday morning and Christmas weekend!

:v::christmas_tree::notes:

10 Likes
8 Likes

We got stuffies going on around here, so in the Quahog traditionā€¦

Looks like a fun time to me :wink:

09/09/87
Providence Civic Center - Providence, RI

Set 1:
Hey Pocky Way
Jack Straw
West LA Fadeaway
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Friend Of The Devil
Cassidy
Althea
Greatest Story Ever Told
Devil With A Blue Dress
Good Golly Miss Molly
Devil With A Blue Dress

Set 2:
China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Playinā€™ In The Band
China Doll
Drums
The Wheel
Gimme Some Lovinā€™
Throwinā€™ Stones
Not Fade Away

Encore:
Not Fade Away
The Mighty Quinn

9 Likes

Woah! Iā€™ve gotta check that out.

Fall of '87 I had just moved to Minnesota for college. I made some friends in the dorms and we caught a couple entertaining shows
earlystubs

One of those friends went abroad and had me babysit his vinyl collection. He had Workingmanā€™s Dead and American Beauty in there which was my introduction to the Grateful Dead.

10 Likes

Same show different perspective. Whole lotta psychedelicizing! :zap::zap::zap:

11 Likes

Been a bit since I heard this showā€¦ used to have the CD and played it so much in rotation with other live Grateful Dead CDs

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

10 Likes