Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Have a happy weekend everyone !

8 Likes

Warm days like this in February return me to the feeling of anticipation of Spring Tour. For a few years we were truly Deadicated.

Fimo beads and Jerry faces made of Sculpy clay were in high production. Only bad part was baking them in the oven. Stunk up the whole place.

Hereā€™s a remnant of a distant space in time

8 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Happy 2/14/70!

10 Likes

Good morning all.

9 Likes
9 Likes

ā€¦and the rest of the afternoon to yā€™all :shamrock:

7 Likes

04/23/77
Springfield Civic Center - Springfield, MA

Set 1:
Sugaree
Cassidy
Loser
New Minglewood Blues
Row Jimmy
Me And My Uncle
Ramble On Rose
Itā€™s All Over Now
Scarlet Begonias
Fire On The Mountain

Set 2:
Estimated Prophet
Bertha
The Music Never Stopped
Help On The Way
Slipknot!
Franklinā€™s Tower
Around And Around
Goinā€™ Down The Road Feeling Bad
Not Fade Away

Encore:
One More Saturday Night

8 Likes
9 Likes

I think I was at that show, and if Iā€™m correct that I was, that was an excellent show!

5 Likes

That must have been a great time, definitely a great tape :wink: Were you at the 5/7/77 Boston Garden show?

5 Likes

77 had some stellar shows, thatā€™s for sure!!

4 Likes

No, Iā€™d never been to the east coast then. I donā€™t have a lot of regrets about my life and the way I spent (some might say misspent it) it, but one actually involves the GD. The alternative bus service The Green Tortoise (originally The Grey Rabbit) used to do a month (or longer) GD show tour. They would follow the band through an entire US (I donā€™t think Canada) tour. Youā€™d sleep on the bus, meals were provided in the tour cost. I never did a tour, and I do regret that. Would have gotten me to the east coast sooner too! :wink:

I wonder if anyone here ever did one of those tours?

5 Likes

Iā€™m outta likes from the seed giveaway soā€¦ :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart:

Iā€™m sure there are some around that did that. I was still too young back then, but when the Dead did start following me around, they seemed like they were everywhere we were. Mindblowing, I know, we had fun - but iā€™m not sure how many marbles iā€™d have left if i was on one of those bus trips :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Canā€™t get enough of it

8 Likes

Received my new lid todayā€¦

Top notch top

7 Likes

oh, iā€™m digginā€™ that :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Morninā€™ :wave:

9 Likes
10 Likes