Grow tent walls suck in from exhaust

My 4×4 tent has a bit of an issue when the exhaust fan is on. The walls pull in a bunch. I would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone has.

You could use a smaller exhaust fan. Tents have a lot of issues. I would make do until you can get lumber and build a grow chamber or room.

1 Like

thats called negative pressure. add an intake and your problem will be solved. the switch from a tent to a room… beautiful. the cost? 1/4 the price of my tentXD

3 Likes

Agreed, more passive air intake will fix this issue. Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Negative pressure is actually good sign that odours can’t escape and are vented through the filter.
What brand of grow tent do you have?

2 Likes

you have to get extra support bars and put them around the middle of the tent. Secret Jardin sells them…try ebay, that’s where I found some extra bars. totally fixes the problem.

2 Likes

I really like you idea. However, when I saw the price my jaw dropped. You have got me thinking of diy supports with furring strips and some plastic clamps. Thank you!

It’s a cheap eBay tent. Yaheetech is the brand. 4×4×6’6"

A room is already being planned. My veg tent is awesome. No issues. Flower tent is where issues are.

1 Like

All u need is to bal the pressure use another exhaust fan as a intake hope it helps any questions feel free to ask

What issues u have in flower tent ? I use four tents

My problem is that I lose ⅓ of available space from negative pressure sucking in walls. Yes, I do understand that adding an intake fan will solve the problem. However, I’m trying to solve problem without spending a bunch of $. I’m gonna try using 4’ furring strips horizontally​ from pole to pole, to prevent walls from pulling in. I do appreciate your reply!

1 Like

Good solution…

I have never experience such problems with tents (Secret Jardin Dark Room, HomeboxTM), they are built from very thick material.

The material is thick and durable. But, it’s baggy. Too baggy! There simply is too much material

Heres a cheap solution. Open the doors to your tent. Leave them open. Intake 101;)

5 Likes

Just use string or some old cable, just tie from left to right and top to bottom and that will stop the walls of your tent being sucked in.

3 Likes

put an extra bar on the top to try n streh tighter

You should have passive intake flaps with mesh screens. Most tents come with them, and are located on the bottom of the tent.

You will need to be exchanging the air not just exhausting it. At the very least get a variable fan speed controller to control how much you’re pulling out, and save on some electricity.

Later on get an intake fan with a speed controller, and HEPA filter.

4 Likes

Agree with coastside and u can also add a kind of controller for allow a min and max airflow for your intractor/extractor
And dont forget to buy a smaller intake than extractor

Peace

1 Like

I got one for Veg DP120 and one for fruiting OR120… Excellent tents IMHO!

1 Like