How do you blackout your tent vents?

I am looking for any inventive solutions for blocking any light intrusion into the tent during the flower blackout periods. I want to maintain airflow but kill any light. The room where the tent is can’t be dark for the whole dark 12 since it is mixed use. I built a simple matte black cardboard labyrinth for the intake with a 6" fan smushed against a rectangular vent. Now I need to do something for an 8" exhaust that doesn’t restrict too much airflow. I keep it on medium to reduce the noise. A couple of matte black 90 degree bends would be OK but airflow would certainly take a hit.

Any ideas? Thanks.

tbd

2 Likes

I used duct tape to tape around the door and door panel.

1 Like

Hola Gang

Put a piece of green tissus in front
of it The plant wont be bother by
the green light

Bare

4 Likes

Make some cardboard light traps.
Then u can use duct tape to tape them on the inside or fabric tape on the outside.
A light trap can be made out of cardboard, it’s basically two lil cardboard boxes overlapping each other.
If u can’t find a design or info on google I can draw u a diagram

Good luck

4 Likes

I use a carbon filter on the exhaust. Kills smell and light. Two birds with one stone.

It does reduce air flow, but not enough to cause heat issues in my case.

4 Likes

I just stack boxes near the rectangular vents (near not flush up against it) and cinch up the drawstrings on the circular tube vents. I’ve never had a problem with hermies like this, but YMMV.

2 Likes

Why not just use 8" ducting? Lights going to have a hard time bouncing up 5-6 foot of ducting thats hanging towards the ground.

5 Likes

Good ideas, thanks all. A box in a box would work. Or an elbow & 30’ of pipe . . . hmm. I have the matte spray paint already . . .

tbd

1 Like

I have 3 75° elbows in series (as with the wide angle 2 weren’t enough) in a box and 2 90° in series in the other as intakes…AND intake filters that catch insects and lights; while my outtake go straight from the cooltube to a carbon filter outside the box so no problems there…
DS

1 Like