📚 GROWFAQ 2.0a

It’s nice to see GrowFAQ is accessible once again. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:point_right: https://overgrow.com/c/advanced-techniques/growfaq/27

I’d really like to update, refresh, & revive it with support & assistance from other members.

Anybody else? :people_holding_hands: :fire:

:evergreen_tree:

17 Likes

Man, I wish I had the time to help out. This is in desperate need of organization. Very cool that it’s back up though. Was wondering what happened to it.

3 Likes

:thought_balloon: :thought_balloon: :thought_balloon: :thought_balloon: :thought_balloon:

Personally, I’d like to see it gone through by a dedicated panel of members(like moderators) and categorized as private until “finished” or ready for all-member/public input. Eliminating bogus info should be easy, but the opinions will have to achieve consensus. :relieved:

The lack of Cannabis cultivation information on the internet that existed when OG 1.0 was created has been replaced with an over-abundance of variously innacurate, redundant, out-dated confusion.

The old books that many of us turned to before the www have suffered the same ‘antiquation’ (:thinking: is that a word? is NOW! :laughing:).

If we can collect & create a publicly(like GNU GPL?) owned e-book as PDF/other formats, it can be downloaded. This reduces server load at the same time allowing for unlimited duplication & transmission.

It could be revised as needed. It should contain images but not excessively. It should be FULL of hyperlinks like old-school HTML. It should be translated into many if not all languages.

:evergreen_tree: This message was brought to you by Tegridy.

12 Likes

Kinda like the OG grow book that got canned when 1.0 went down

5 Likes

Love the idea.

Hempcultivation dot com/420 used to have a Library section. A thread with good info could be moved into the Library, but nobody could start a new thread in the Library. Allowing the crowd-sourcing of info, yet still curating the material to make sure it’s legit.

@Jellypowered made a thread a while back and started tagging a bunch of other threads that might be applicable to this project.

6 Likes

I remember the previous version was divided into categories and subcategories. If someone builds that “tree” again us regulars could change the categories and fill those tree branches: Hydroponics, Soil, Feed, Lights, Germination, Flowering, Pests, etc …

Then the experts could edit and delete what’s wrong or unnecessary, I owe much of my partial success to those GrowFAQ (and the people who built them), that saved me many times for asking silly questions … :grin:

8 Likes

bien dicho hermano
well said bro

4 Likes

I know this is a long term project & will take a lot of time & effort, but…

Anybody else? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Need to bring back the karma system

1 Like

This discourse discussion software is self-governing using the trust system. Explaining user trust levels and permissions

That said, the official faq threads could be completely moderated by the trusted members and all posts to the section would have to go through that process.

There’s a bunch of threads on the discourse meta site. https://meta.discourse.org/t/using-discourse-as-a-internal-knowledge-base-intranet/33857/23 But, there is no 1 way to do it. Having a nested category in this category that was locked down for example would be one idea.

1 Like

Search results for 'faq category:14' - Overgrow.com results of ‘faq’ search in ‘basic growing info’ category

I liked @oleskool830 and his ‘book of knowledge’ posts. I believe it would make a cute and informative style for the faq- perhaps he has a list of bookmarks?

I know the one post about acronyms has links to a lot of topics that explain things.

I was thinking of something along the lines of choosing explanations that are already here and edit-authorize to be part of a hyperlinked index that would be your faq and glossary. Just random thoughts atm on an Easter Sunday…as you can tell I have no real life :wink:

5 Likes

:thinking: …reminds me of “best of craigslist” posts :sweat_smile:

1 Like