Directory of Expertise

I had a momentary flash of brain power. Apologies if this already exists. Does it @LemonadeJoe?

We have a lot of very active members who have expertise and experience in all kinds of various areas. Most all freely share their knowledge when asked. But newish members often have no idea who to ask and end up creating SOS topics in an effort to get answers.

What if we had a Directory of Expertise? Members with specific expertise who are willing to take those questions could list what areas of expertise they possess. The combined directory could then be sorted by categories so all one need do is look for the experts in any given topic.

In my case I would list the things I feel I have big knowledge in. For me, I would list: Woodworking, Construction, Finance, Loans, etc. I don’t consider myself expert at any aspect of growing. Yet.

Other key categories might include: Genetics, Licensing, Lighting, Nutrients/Soil, etc. Anything that someone who grows might need.

I feel certain all would benefit at some point.

What say you, OGers? Good idea? Stupid idea?

DIRECTORY OF EXPERTISE

Kingmambo DIY, Construction, Design, Financial

zephyr San Francisco, Bay Area, Bay Area genetics

ReikoX LITFA, Tinctures, Organic Soils, LED

potdaddy4x4 Watering :joy:

allotment Sonoff Liberation (ESPEasy)

20 Likes

Verygood idea i volunteer tobe the expert inwhere toget water lol.
Sorry it just poped in my head but yes that is anexcellant idea

Peace out and stay safe

7 Likes

sounds like a hell of a idea if it does not exist and if it does i wish i knew of it

It a Tony the tiger idea

6 Likes

I have another catagory how about quality control

They just come tomemaybe i should take myshowonthe road
Peace out and stay safe

7 Likes

haha I like this idea.

I hereby volunteer to handle questions involving San Francisco, the bay area, and all bay shit therein.

Including classic bay area genetics (pre 2016 legalization).

9 Likes

I would like offer my expertise in LITFA, Tinctures, Organic Soils, Autoflowers, and LEDs. :+1::seedling:

9 Likes

I think I’ll wikify this post so people can add their expertise themselves. Once we get a fair number of us listed we change then sort it by areas of expertise.

Anyone who has above stated their expertise - I will list them for you.

Please offer any suggestions you may have; this has to be a collaborative project.

Thanks to all who have expertise and a willingness to share it.

Kev :+1:t5:

8 Likes

Great idea…following

3 Likes

Excellent idea

2 Likes

Here are some obvious experts we need in the directory. If there is expertise out there in a certain category that you know someone, let me know. I’ll ask them if they’d like to participate.

Germination
Seedlings
Cropping/Topping/Super-Cropping
Organic
Nutrients
Plumbing
Electrical
Electronics
Control Systems/Automation
Light/Lighting
Hydro
Carpentry
Construction
Licensing/Regulatory
CBD Strains
Genetics
Breeding
Tissue Culture
Vertical Farming
Cannabis Botany
Diagnosis of Grow Problems
Soil/Amendments
DIY
Harvesting
Seed-Making
Mothers
Bonsai
Tools
Extraction
Bloodlines
HVAC
DWC

I’m sure there are plenty more. Let me know what else should be there.

Thanks to all.

Kev🤙🏾

3 Likes

I’d love to put my name down for expertise in growing undersized plants, ruining DWC and smoking through my stash before it cures.

Seriously though, I have some experience with DIY hydro - DWC and coco ebb and flow, bubble cloning, micro grow space design and construction, automation, growing in 16oz cups, perpetual growing, LED lighting, growing autos, growing photos and I’ve dabbled in DIY electrical, lighting, HVAC though I’m not comfortable giving anyone advice once something’s hooked up to 110/220/240V AC power, and definitely not high current circuits.

5 Likes

Great idea! Def a bookmark

I’m like you. Anything connected to electricity kinda scares me because I don’t know it well.

Thanks for joining in!

Kev :seedling:

2 Likes

I don’t mind electrocuting myself, and have done so multiple times.

I’m not ok with telling someone something that gets them electrocuted :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s already called the GrowFAQ and is a reattempt at the infamous original of OG 1.0 before the servers were stolen back in the day.

Check under advanced techniques in the drop down menu!

It probably needs lots of help but it’s at least already started!

2 Likes

I’m an expert pollen chucker. :beers:

1 Like