Guano Australia ..who knew it was a thing , well I do now - but probably was before as well

Hello… thanks for passing through
I am in NO way recommending/ endorsing any of the products mentioned in this thread . As I learn more about Organics and sustainability , I am driven to discover more - IMO never to old to learn just sometimes its just too hard to listen … I wanted to hear if anybody has first hand experience with any of these
If you manage to wade through everything below … 1 thing will be crystal clear , congratulations you aint a quitter lol
have you heard about the products they have ? ,similar additives…
have you used them ?
what are your thoughts on this content?
side note : those of us blessed to live down under , may actually have some hands on experience with 1 or 2 of these magical potions - I would be curious on your thoughts if you have dabbled with the below company
I would like to hear what you think on this . I am sure from what I have been reading on OG ,there are many of you here that are many miles and many years down the road I am beginning ( wish I had found you all a long time ago btw )
disclaimer I cast no shade on our indoor brothers and sisters here . I actually respect the attention to detail it takes to pull off a successful grow be it No Till or bottled ferts - I think if I went to indoor cultivation,the most likely out come would be my house on fire and my body on the floor with CO2 poisoning in my drive to succeed
ok lets roll !!
Once upon a time …It was a slow day at the monkey works ,and I thought to myself …self… let ya fingers do the walking … So I began to surf the web for any organic products currently available in Australia that would roughly meet the parameters/properties of certain super soil amendments from various recipes online
I did get a little distracted from the initial quest , but happy to have stumbled on new information I was unaware of
I came across …
Guano Australia - Fertilizers for Australian sustainable farming
Guano.com.au …or…https://www.facebook.com/GuanoGold/ for those Facebookers out there
now I’m only just beginning to work through scientific reports/case studies etc a lot to digest here and alot isn’t even in a language I fully understand
little back story for you … yes I’m guilty of cut and past for most of the below , I only said it was a slow day at work :sunglasses:

Guano Australia -
ESTABLISHED IN 1992
Kismet International Pty Ltd and its subsidiary company Guano Australia Pty Ltd were founded and established by John Kismet Jashar in 1992, with their beginnings located in Shepparton, Victoria.

Guano Australia Pty Ltd. Guano fertilizers were launched onto the Australian Horticultural, Agricultural and Turf market places in early 1992, beginning with Madura Gold-Kwik Start fertilizer. Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start® was introduced to farmers and growers (particularly those already engaged in organic farming) across Australia. The chemical free, granulated phosphorus fertilizer’s very important features and valuable benefits have proved extremely successful to date.

With the constant expansion of blending and distribution arrangements set up nationally with independent companies throughout Australia, Guano Australia’s range of specialty natural fertilizer products have grown to include Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start®, Madura Guano Sulphur Gold®, KMS Fertilizer®, Agrispon® and the new liquid products Madura Guano Liquid Gold® and Madura Guano Liquid Gold with KMS®.

All our products are natural fertilisers and the Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start, Madura Guano Sulphur Gold, KMS and our 2 Guano liquid fertilizer products are Australian Organic Registered Farm Inputs, making them suitable for organic crop application with sound agronomic integrity. Our products have received outstanding support from certified organic and sustainable conventional farmers and turf managers across Australia. We value the support of the organic bio-dynamic industry, all certification entities and in particular, Australian Certified Organic (ACO).

The entire Guano Australia Pty Ltd specialty organic fertilizer product range plays an integral role in an ever expanding Australian organic and sustainable farming industry- they claim

Well…the jury is currently out on that last paragraph for me … Sooooo many “Organic” ferts/amendments boosters etc have flooded the market since main stream started taking note of anything that contained the word …Organic
I can comfortably say …about bloody time to !!
I am by nature skeptical - not close minded by any stretch of the imagination . but that little voice in my head usually pipes up with BUT IS IT REALLY ,when I see a product claiming an organic certification and this or that major break through… because if we look at society in general , we see those of low moral integrity/ and an opportunistic penchant to pray on people jumping in to cash in on the next “big thing” ,and IMO we end up with loads of SNAKE OILS on the market that don’t perform as advertised or in some cases may actually be dangerous in the long term - these in the eyes of MR/MRS everyday - prove that it isn’t the positive way forward that has the potential to impact, not just our health but the health of the spinning disco ball we call home… We can’t move out of the neighborhood we live in if it gets more Ghetto than we like …
I think we are all becoming aware that we are destroying a part of this planet we all rely on .;.That the past practices of pumping huge amounts of fertilizers into our farm lands or genetically modifying the foods we eat to counteract the damage we have contributed to in regards to our soil - We created this !! in our need to make things easier and grow more food as quickly as possible … did we know back then what the long term effects would be , probably not in fact …our ancestors way back in the day did … Indians and companion planting of food crops with plants they knew to have a positive impact on plant health through nitrogen fixation or natural pest repellent properties , Terra Preta - its was a crappy place to grow anything I suppose way back then , but they came up with a long term fix with a low environmental impact – was it sustainable , well maybe, its a useful resource now regarding longevity of natural soil amendment
I have a tendency to ramble at times …back on point
in the the instance of Guano Australia I think - if the literature holds up to digestion ,and there are independent scientific sources that support or even strengthen Claims made … Then I feel a couple of these products may be good house guests for soil drenching via Tea applications etc- prob best to stay away from the foliar application of a couple of these products ( dark brown thick consistency with HIGH SG with a possible leaf stain residue …just imagine spraying that over ya girls ,if it does hold up it may be possible to dilute it down to usable dosage with out brown stains showing up
things that have me curious in the product line they have are as below
keep in mind a couple of things if you could
: formulas are based on Australian soil types very low in available Nutrients- predominately locked out with in the soil structure.
possibly limited in effectiveness related to the soil type designed for
application rates / organic cert Fact sheets on website - these include the premise behind claims of soil improvement

Agrispon fertilizer
is an organic fertilizer that is easy to use and is a cost effective bio-stimulant that dramatically improves plant performance and / or yield. Derived from plant and mineral extracts, this liquid concentrate is effective in any climate suitable for plant growth. This could be 1 of best fertilizers for areas where environmental stress is a biggy due to soil or weather conditions as it performs especially well in rejuvenating the affected land.- so they claim

ENHANCES ROOT ZONE ACTIVITY
increases the population of beneficial micro-organisms which can significantly improve the availability of soil nutrients to the roots. -probably stick with Great white and Mykos myself

MADURA GUANO GOLD-KWIK START

Madura Guano Gold Kwik Start: a 100% natural organic photostatic fertilizer and soil conditioner
P: 13.6% CA: 32.9% SI: 23.8%
PHOSPHORUS - CALCIUM - SILICA
FERTILIZER - GUANO GOLD-KWIK START® FEATURES & BENEFITS
80% Cit-rate Soluble P.
Fast & slow release of Phosphorus.
13.6% Total P.
32.9% Calcium.
23.8% Silica.
8.6% Organic Carbon.
Full range of trace elements.
High CEC; 129Me/100g.
Bulk Density, 1.5 MT per m3.
Granulated (2-5mm)
Minimal cadmium & mercury content.
Suitable for blending with all other types of fertilizers (except urea).
Performs very well agronomically.
Environmentally friendly.
Natural Organic Product.
Australian Organic Registered Farm Input 309.
No odor guano organic fertilizer.
FARMING FERTILIZER APPLICATIONS
Bananas
Broad acre, cereals and other winter / summer crops
Citrus and tropical fruit
Cotton
Forestry
Fruit & vegetables
Olives
Ornamental
Pasture, beef, dairy and sheep
Rice
Sugar
Turf
Viticulture
Dry Lick and Stock Feeds
Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start is successfully included as an important component in a full range of organic, bio-dynamic and conventional custom blends.

100% NATURAL ORGANIC PHOSPHATIC FERTILIZER & SOIL CONDITIONER
Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start® is a valuable resource which reforms the structure and function of soil, as well as being one of the world’s most valuable, high phosphorus fertilizers. There is no chance of salinization and damage to plant growth by Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start®, so it is a very safe product to use.

Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start® is an organic fertilizer composed of di-calcium phosphate layers which have been generated by interaction of the remains of coral, sea birds, fish and seaweed, as the land gradually rose over many thousands of years.

Madura Guano Gold-Kwik Start® contains coral calcium, which is a chief component of coral reefs and phosphoric and silicic acids which come from the droppings of sea birds and the remains of fish and seaweed, together with various minerals which are shown in our comprehensive analysis.

**Madura Guano Liquid Gold Fertilizer

P:10.2% K: 0.67% S:0.6% Mg: 0.25% Ca: 31% Si: 13.6%
Phosphorus - Potassium - Sulfur - Magnesium - Calcium - Silica - plus trace elements
As one of the best fertilizer products available in Australia, Madura Guano Liquid Gold® is a full suspension guano fertilizer for use through fertigation, foliar boom and liquid injection applications.

P uptake rates on hostile soils could be as low as 30%, but improvement to the soil could see up to 80% of the P taken up.

This soil health factor is often overlooked when making P decisions. The real cost of the effective Phosphorus is dramatically affected by the soil characteristics.

Soils with low organic fertilizer uptake tend to only receive about six weeks of P from the guano organic liquid fertilizer then must rely on soil mineralization to extract further P from the soil during the growing season.

The product features a mix of Phosphorus [P], Calcium [Ca] and Silica [Si]. Along with that there are other fertilizing elements such as Potassium, Magnesium and Zinc. Silica plays an important role in strengthening the plants. It is important in terms of allowing the plant to develop better defenses against abiotic stresses such as dry or hot conditions.

The organic certified products is suitable for use on a range of crops, from horticulture to viticulture right up to broad acre crops. Guano Australia have seen some excellent responses in terms of plant development with the Guano Liquid Gold®, customers have been very pleased. The product features 10.2% P, 31% Ca, 13.6% Si and is diluted with water via a sprayer.

ORGANIC LIQUID FERTILIZER INFORMATION
Plant available Phosphorus, Calcium & Silica in a single, high analysis product, derived from natural Guano.
The high analysis source of our micronized Guano Gold-Kwik Start® is in a free-flowing suspension.
Phosphorus & Calcium are the two key elements for photosynthesis & plant sugar production.
The Silica component is important to improve the plant’s response & resistance to biotic & abiotic stress such as disease, insects, heat & cold.
GUANO FERTILISER BENEFITS
A natural source of liquid Phosphorus, Calcium & Silica.
Guano Liquid Gold® also contains trace elements, with usable levels of Zinc and Manganese.
The neutral pH of the organic liquid fertilizer product gives it a high compatibility when tank mixing with other products.
Contains a surfactant to assist in foliar application.
Easy convenient application.

MADURA GUANO SULPHUR GOLD

Guano Sulfur Gold organic fertilizer provides both fast-release and slow-release phosphorus.
P: 12.6% S: 11.0% CA:26.2% SI: 24.8%
PHOSPHORUS - SULFUR - CALCIUM - SILICA
ONE SHOT GRANULATED ORGANIC FERTILIZER
ANALYSIS BROCHURE

FERTILIZER - GUANO SULFUR GOLD® FEATURES & BENEFITS
90% Citrate Soluble P.
Fast & slow release of Phosphorus.
12.6% Total P.
11.0% Elemental Sulphur.
26.2% Calcium.
24.8% Silica.
0.4% Zinc.
8.6% Organic Carbon.
Full range of trace elements.
High CEC; 129Me/100g.

Minimal cadmium & mercury content.
Suitable for blending with all other types of fertilizers (except urea).
Performs very well agronomically.
Environmentally friendly.
Natural Organic Product.
No odor guano organic fertilizer.
NATURAL FERTILIZER APPLICATIONS
TESTED & PROVEN
Bananas
Broadacre - cereals and other winter / summer crops
Citrus and tropical fruit
Cotton
Forestry
Fruit and vegetables
Olives
Ornamental
Pulse Crops
Pasture - Beef, dairy and sheep
Rice
Sugar
Turf
Viticulture
In all types of:
Horticulture and agriculture
100% NATURAL ORGANIC PHOSPHORUS FERTILIZER & SOIL CONDITIONER

12.6% Phosphorus is provided in 90% citric and 10% non-citric form providing a drip feed supply of Phosphorus throughout the growing season. The Phosphorus in the granule is in the form of a Di Calcium Phosphate and when this reacts with weak solutions of acid in the soil, soluble phosphate and calcium are released and these nutrients become available for plant uptake. To aid this process, at planting the naturally occurring silica in the granule reacts with water to form mono silica acid which in turn assists with the breakdown of the Di Calcium Phosphate. The non-citric soluble Phosphorus becomes available at higher concentrations of acidity in the root zone and, this acidity produced in part by root exudates in the maturing plant.

11% Elemental Sulfur in the elemental form and mineralises to provide a slow release of Sulfur for the entire growing season without leaching or being lost to the atmosphere as a gas. Sulfur allows the plant to efficiently uptake nitrogen and in legumes allows nitrogen fixation. Apart from supplying nutrients directly to the plant elemental Sulfur, by conversion in the soil, to Sulfuric Acid reacts with the naturally occurring Calcium Carbonate to produce plant available Calcium. This Calcium can then be used by the plant and or to assist in displacing Sodium, for this Sodium can then be leached from the soil.

24.8% Silica in the form of a mono Silica Acid is taken up by the plant with water uptake and is deposited in the cell walls. This gives the plant a considerable increase in stem strength while providing a mechanical barrier to both fungal infection and water loss. Like Sulfur, Silica has a function in the soil chemistry as well as the plant. Free Silica in the soil will displace Phosphorus that is bound to Iron liberating plant available Phosphorous while producing an Iron Silicate.

26.2% Calcium in the form of Di Calcium Phosphate. The organic fertilizer’s Calcium benefits are taken into the plant with water. Calcium is necessary for cell development. Research shows Calcium uptake begins 5 days after seed hydration therefore available Calcium at the seed is essential. Without good calcium levels, plants cannot use Nitrogen efficiently. As we know :wink:

I actually reached out to this company and inquired about prices and product packaging size …
I think until I win the lotto 1 day or they change the company stand point - these products just aint worth the expenditure
They are purely targeting the agricultural market . I doubt in 2 lifetimes I would use it all …

still an interesting read

3 Likes

Looks great for no till supplementation.

2 Likes

Lots of Phosphorous, but I didn’t see anything in regards to Nitrogen.
So not balanced products but undoubtedly useful, as Shady says as supplements for flower (or bananas!!) :banana: :+1:

I’m guessing you are thinking about organic soil grow?

Cheers
G

How are you mate
Organic gardening is something I think would be challenging in deed .No Till would be a bigger challenge , but I believe good for my soul
( not in a spaced out boom shanka man way lol ) I’d like to understand soil , you know - make the best medium possible for growing ,watch it improve year after year , really I think I want to grow amazing natural weed and cracking vegetables
Yes I thought the same when going over it , where’s the nitrogen!!
I have chickens so constant supply , mix in a little cow and pig manure to add structure ,
Now here’s a question if I can ask , Little side topic
Our season is finished here , now if amend my soil in the ground with the manures above . I could get away with fresh chicken poop yeah ?
I’m thinking over the winter period it’ll break down etc and be perfect for kick off
I intend to lay a cover crop down as well
Am I on the right track ?

3 Likes

You are on track.
You have great HOT sources there and they will need to ‘cook in’ (min. 4~6 weeks, longer = better).
Do a soil test - I admit - I use the cheesy NPK & pH capsule test kit. @Meesh does it right with the government test. Check out her current grow and see her results and amendments. Check around, you might have a similar service that is reasonably priced.
I’m organic(ish) soil grow but I’ve been ‘eyeballing’ that no-till myself, there are a couple ‘black-belts’ here that can fill in the blanks.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Another thought, you are in a great position to experiment with bio-char as an additive. It’s not good by it’s self but you load it (soak it) with any runoff from your fresh manure and it is supposed to be great.
This would be a great amendment for a no-till. If you are not familiar check out Terra Preta is the ‘Stoner’s Universal Book of Knowledge’

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I started using biochar last season yeah , charged it in a fish emulsion and compost mix then added it at … hmmm I have to check , but 30% of total volume rings a bell
Next season I’m adding it as an amendment and turn it into the top 100-150mms , I will trial a longer charge period , I’ll most likely turn it in a month before D day … I am sold on the benefits of Biochar

2 Likes