Gugumelo's first indoor: Refrigerator grow

That is neat as hell. Kinda makes me wish I would’ve kept my old fridge when it crapped out on me.

3 Likes

Day 36

The plants started to grow fast,
and present some visual differences, the plants in the background
are taller and the others are more compact…

edition: On this day, pruning and 6 plants were transplanted…

13 Likes

Day 50:

The girls did not feel the apical pruning, the next day they were already growing again.

Soon, some will go into the sun to flower, and some will be kept indoors.

During the week cow pee (1:100), milk (1:50) and bean water were sprayed. Every other day.
The pH is 7.8…

I forgot to mention that the earth is a mixture of 50% earthworm humus and the others are chicken coop earth, coconut dust, simple phosphate, wood stove ash, dolomitic limestone, guano. This mixture was prepared 3 months ago.

I'm doing a test with air layering, to make clones of the landrace I found and pollinate this spring. I mixed 50% earthworm humus and 50% coconut powder, and after scratching the area, I applied it by wrapping the branch in aluminum foil, filling it with the mixture. It's been a week today, let's follow up.

If you have difficulty understanding, I ask you to ask for further clarification.
Community opinion is very important to me.

13 Likes

Really nice, I saw plastic balls sold for this application, I mean the cloning. I kept thinking why has no one tried this before on cannabis. Excited to see the result!

2 Likes

Agree, never thought about that technique for clones, I use it in trees, but differently. I cover the branch with moss and wrap it, then from time to time I scratch and take off the tree bark below, which makes the branch feel it is drying, not getting more feed and throw roots on the humid moss.

Those plants look healthy and beautiful :kissing_heart:, I must admit organic works great (when you know how to handle it) but not my cup of tea … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Hello man, I normally do as you do, there was no moss…
And I left it open to be able to observe the development of the roots, I had already done this with males in the 2020/21 guerrillas, with success.

@ELG, this should work as long as the humidity is kept high.
In guerrilla 2020/21 some plants put roots above the ground, about 50cm!! Too much moisture.
take a look at Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa

5 Likes

Day 58:

They were defoliated and given beet water and milk…

They look good, with no blemishes on the leaves or yellowing.

I will wait another week and for 4 plants to bloom.

13 Likes

Milk? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull :cow2: Have readen tons of info and never heard about it, they seem to like it :yum:. Your plants look really happy, you built a nice and cozy place for them … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Caraca !!! @Gugumelo tu meteu uma ALPORQUIA =LAYERING :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

My first indoor 96 … Architectural lighdesigner career .

The pros and cons

The quality of the light > Fluors
Lumens/W >Leds
Heat > Leds
Space>Leds
Life>Leds
Price>Leds

Box 1.0 3.0 … 2.0 ZM 2019 file coming soon

14 Likes

I take a chair :chair: and watch @Gugumelo, the setup is genius. The girls are healthy!

2 Likes

Yes, diluted milk prevents and controls powdery mildew, in addition to strengthening the plant, when sprayed on the leaves. You can use it for watering too.
Serve for some types of mites, just mix an adhesive (neutral soap).
I used a lot on tomatoes, pumpkins and watermelons, a high humidity makes fungus appear even inside greenhouses.
You can’t imagine the risk you run by eating here. For tomatoes, there are up to 50 applications of poisons in a crop, depending on weather conditions.
If you consider that we accept most pesticides already banned in the rest of the world, and that there is contraband from Paraguay, which accepts everything…
Sorry for saying too much…

6 Likes

Yes man, I did it in the guerrilla and it worked.

Better to lower a large branch and bury it, much faster, for my conditions.

As for light, I intend to flower in the street… and later buy a special light…

Thanks for showing up…

edit: What light are you using? I’m researching the leds, there are many on the market…

3 Likes

Thanks man, I’m learning every day… I’ve been pretty busy with other tasks… I hope to be able to dedicate myself more soon… Thanks for the support…

1 Like

Don’t have to, that was a pretty useful info, I also have a lot of humidity here, will try it … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

https://www.gov.br/agricultura/pt-br/assuntos/sustentabilidade/organicos/fichas-agroecologicas/arquivos-sanidade-vegetal/11-leite-de-vaca-para-o-controle-de-oidio.pdf

Man, this material is in Portuguese, but it was well founded …

4 Likes

Thanks, no problemo amigo :upside_down_face:, my only doubt it says you have to use raw milk, so I don’t know if the “commercial” one once treated will work … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

Look for something without UHT that works. My next plan is to do Labs…

Edition: Escape from the tetra pak box

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your latitude? I am at 41.9N. This is challenging for Sativas. I say challenging because I am an optimist. :rofl:

2 Likes

26 S… Well-defined seasons, no frost, and lots of humidity. I can finish long sativas… But with a lot of trichomes brought down.

2 Likes

I have had success in making LABS using 3.5% milk from the grocery store but I realize the process is different as described by the PDF. I’m not fluent in Portuguese though

@Gugumelo , I love the stealth refrigerator. Very slick design

3 Likes