Have you tried growing Critical Purple Auto or any other strains in your DIY setup?

Just want to share Critical Purple Auto run from Growers Choice Seeds, and let me tell ya, the vibes are real. :ok_hand:t4: Wondering if anyone else has given it a shot in their DIY setup.

So, here’s my DIY journey. Using some basic gear – nothing fancy, just a makeshift setup with some old shelves and LED lights I snagged on sale. The Critical Purple Auto turned out to be a low-maintenance dream. Easy on the eyes and easier to grow, if you catch my drift.

8 Likes

They definitely look better than mine…lol. I just recently am growing a few autos. They are an easy grow and I love the compact plant.

Yours will catch up in no time. Happy growing!

Thanks man! I guess it’s just a luck lol anyway Autos are indeed great for beginners, that’s for sure!

I’m a total beginner in grow, and let me tell you, my crirical purple auto from growers choice seeds are blowing my mind! The germination rate? no prob. And the scent and flavor of these buds? Exceptional, to say the least.

Now, I’m eager to hear your tips and tricks. How can I ensure a consistently bountiful harvest with this strain?

6 Likes

The only way is to either buy every single seed they have ever made, or make your own.

2 Likes

Right. What do you mean consistently large in this context?

Going to be rather difficult if you are already smoking it.

Autos don’t clone well because of their short lifespan. Not saying it can’t be done, I’ve done it, but the clone will never produce like the mother.
You could try to make fem seeds if you don’t have a male to breed with, but even those will have variation.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s definitely a challenge, for beginner like me. Thanks tho for tips I just saw this and will for sure take note of it :slight_smile:

New to Growing and just hit a milestone with my Critical Purple Auto from growers choice seeds, and I’m at the crossroads - is it flushing time or not?

this beauty’s been thriving in my DIY setup (nothing fancy, just some love and a bit of duct tape magic). The buds are looking dense and frosty, but I’m torn on when to start the flush. Or should I let her soak up the nutes a bit longer for that extra oomph?

6 Likes

There is no need to flush, if you want you can taper off the feed as you get close to harvest to allow some fading but flushing tons of water through the pot will do nothing other than cause problems in my experience. The only time it serves a purpose is when the plants ph is really out of whack or in coco to do a reset of the EC in your media. You should post whole plant pics and some bud shots to get opinions on how much longer it has to go. Chopping early will rob you of yield and is very common with newer growers that are excited to try their crops.

8 Likes

I second FirstCav.
You got more pics?

3 Likes

I def wanted to say it first but way better to lay back…Yep, Exactly what he said :wink:

2 Likes

If you go and see my thread, right now I am stopping with xtra feeding, only water on the right ph, but this isn’t a flush.

I think you may start with plain water in one week.

2 Likes

I second @blowdout2269 seconding @FirstCavApache64
:wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, more of a cleanse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Leach dem bitches. Flushing is for toilets

2 Likes

Fwiw I’ve tapped plant sap and it had a measurable ec, it reflects the ec your using.

If you give it water for 4 days it reads 0

See it as a vascular system transfusion, when water evaporates it leaves the minerals behind.

1 Like

I think people confuse the term flushing and leaching. Flushing you are pouring massive amounts of water through the medium to correct an issue and get back to a clean slate. Leaching uses of the last of the nutrients in the medium and lowers ec gradually until harvest. Flushing for 2 or 3 weeks is a disaster for your plants while they are in the prime bulking phase

3 Likes

Just wanted to drop a quick update on my grow featuring the ever-so-beautiful Critical Purple Auto from growers choice seeds!

It’s been a wild ride with this strain, and I’m down to counting the weeks until harvest. The anticipation is real, and I can practically smell the sweet aroma already. :drooling_face:

12 Likes