I want to play with some autos quick

I live in the hot desert of AZ. I’m starting to play with outdoor growing since it’s legal now. Summers are rough and people keep posting beautiful autos that I think I could start now and have done before 100° weather sets in. The problem is I’ve seen a ton of bad autos. And I’ve heard from people I trust that it’s very important to get great genetics when it comes to autos. Any advice on where to go? I’ve never grown one before, I said I never would but here I am.

3 Likes

Hey man, there are some great autos out there. I bet @Mr.Sparkle or @ReikoX could point you in the right direction when it comes to some good ones.

2 Likes

Yes. 36n here gets hot ad and my girls survive with fabric bags and soiless mix swamp cools itself.
Autos are a waste of time.
If you get one that wont take until end of summer to flower it will give you fun novelty practice.
If you flower in summer the buds will come out shitty becuase of the heat.

Grow a sub 60 day strain indoors to maturity under 24hr veg.
Put her outside in night if too cold and wait until april to harvest.
You can use far red outside led I havent tried this yet but started far red indoors no harm.
It makes them sleep faster in layma…laypersons terms.
I’m in Vegas
This was veg and donated to someone more south sun.
August pic.
Gsc auto from us breeder.
Heat will make them airy and autos make mids as it is.

6 Likes

So when do you expect the ice to break on the Santa Cruz river this year? :laughing:

I expect you will need to start inside (humidity) and grow outside in a large cloth pot? What are you’re plans for that?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I grew a few Dutch passion autos outside in central california. I’d grab a cheap clamp on shop light and leave it on them during the night. 3 gal pots seems to be a good size. Only probably I had with summer harvest was drying in that heat.

2 Likes

Autos have come a long way.

8 Likes

I agree. The odensons I grew out were some hefty bitches. About a good 3 oz from each, super dense nugs. Ive personally seen some autos push upwards of half P or more. I think I just seen a post about those Tyco M beans floating around here that are producing upwards of a Pound.

1 Like

@Gpaw I would definitely start them inside but it wouldn’t be long until they’re outside. Haven’t had a frost yet and might only get a couple this winter. My first winter grow is loving it right now

1 Like

Dutch Passion Autos recommended?

2 Likes

I grew the critical orange punch and the banana blaze and one more I can’t recall. Pretty, bleh fruity smell, trash smoke.

1 Like

@NEK-Fowldog Tyco M?

Yes I would recommend them. Grew the colorado cookies and a c99 cross. The cookies was my favorite.

2 Likes

That’s my in person experience with a buddy who grew them

1 Like

From where @MidwestMover

The skill set is the main concern when it comes to auto.
If the skills are lacking, it will definitely show in an auto grow.
@DougDawson is the man around here. Maybe he has some autos in his arsenal.

And can someone please explain to me in new smoker terms what are mids?

2 Likes

Ok bud not great

Got them from The Vault. Both were a comparison grow on another forum.

1 Like

To me…look decent, smell decent, no punch.

3 Likes

Appreciate you brother. We call that dispensary weed around here.

2 Likes

I can’t have anything in view of neighbors to comply with law. (Hard to do in my track home neighbor) or else I’d grow a freaking monster and harvest pounds in October. I just thought with my hotter winter temps if I got something going inside soon I could have an auto done by end of April before the real heat. Shit, I could start some and then start another round in 30 days. I just don’t want a bunch of leafy fluff