Heating a grow tent in the winter

Thanks for he suggestions - a few to consider here.

I’ll continue with the baseboard heater and let you know how it shakes out. Once I get the cab sorted I’ll fire some pics up. Have some Tangerine Power rolling… hoping for some citrus goodness!

2 Likes

Definitely have good insulation. If the air is that cold you will have a rather steep temperature gradient inside your tent. It may be nice where the heater is and freezing a short distance away. Insulate well (all sides, top and bottom) and keep the air moving.

If your lights are your heat source you may also want to consider alternative light timings like 4 1/2 on 1 1/2 off (18/6) or 5 on 1 off (20/4) 6 on 2 off (18/6) etc.

3 Likes

Well all has gone pretty good so far! Getting ready to flip to flower. Ended up just using a standard fan forced heater with another fan circulating in the tent.

Trying a Scrog out - flipping in the next few days. Has dealt with the temps perfectly.

4 Likes

run your lights at nighttime is the best way. If you have to get a small space heater and keep it on low.

Running lights at night and small space heater to top up temps during the “night” cycle. Inkbird controlling its operation. Keeps it pretty steady - w/in 5 degrees

4 Likes

We’re in a cold snap now - about 7F (-14c) outside roughly 30F in the garage and I’m easily maintaining 72F in the tent so all is good! This is with the lights off too.

My only concern is the temp of my blumat reservoir - but should be fine.

Don’t see it getting too much worse this winter so it seems to be working.

1 Like