HELP .I need somebody

There are strains that stand up to heat better than others, most of the equatorial strains do just fine

1 Like

I have used Frozen water bottles in my water reserve switched out twice a day morning and lights out and it was kind of a poor man’s Chiller system just pop the thawed water bottle back in the freezer and it’s ready for the next go.Kept the water at 68 degrees at all times

3 Likes

At first that’s exactly what we did here also! lol But that can get very tiresome, lol especially the 128 site box… needed changing 3 times a day! We needed a freezer just for all the damn water bottles.
btw… anyone want to buy a chiller? I have one left, gently used. I’ll take half the cost. $250.00. No idea of shipping cost though, it would still b a lot cheaper than buying one new!

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 20-30-16 Amazon.com Hydrofarm Active Aqua Chiller 1_10 HP Water Chiller Industrial & Scientific

Dropping the price to $200.00 plus shipping

4 Likes

lol Sorry for the slight hijack @Rabeats2093 !
Forgot where I was for a minute, lol was thinking still on my thread!

2 Likes

You can also cycle the pump to an on/off to help with the water temps. You just have to find what cycle works best for your environment.

2 Likes

if im using a small aero cloner i typically have a timer attached that turns the pump on and off every 15 minutes :+1:

I’ve tried almost all the cloning methods now and for me my favorite is a DWC style cloner where u just use a air pump and a tote.

5 Likes

I’d agree with the DWC bubble cloner. I use fresh aloe in mine and on average 5-10 days I have enough roots to transplant. No wilting, no heat issues ever, but my pump isn’t crazy oversized either. The bigger the pump, the more heat that will be generated and that can carry through the lines. Micropore stones are my favorite, tiny tiny bubbles.

1 Like