Help me place a extractor fan in my cabinet

I got a small cabinet 5ft tall, 3x3 ft.

Im getting a extractor fun because temp reaches 40C

I know that air moves up so im planning to suck air from the bottom door of the cabinet and blow thro small holes on top.

Am i doing it right?

1 Like

Or suck from.the top and passive intake from the bottom, many ways to make it work

7 Likes

I agree @Mithridate exhaust out of the top, a 4" outlet would be enough.

1 Like

Exhaust out the bottom during winter and the top during summer.

2 Likes

Yeah 100% vent from the top and draw in from the bottom.

:v:

2 Likes

This is what I’ve always done.
Extract from the top, and passive intake through the bottom.

Funnily enough, I noticed something interesting with my set up this week.

The multi plug block with the 2 circulation fan on failed the other day, so no air was moving across the canopy or the top of the LED lights. This caused the whole tent temperature to drop by 4°C.
I’d have thought the lack of airflow over the lights would have caused a build up in temp, but apparently not. :thinking:

:v:

1 Like

Fans also generate heat. I have 3-4 fans running at all times IN my 4x4, so I have 2x 6" AC infinity fans drawing out the heat, and also 2x 6" duct boosting fans as an active feed.

It’s a lot of fussing around but once you find a balance everything is basically auto pilot at that point unless you have massive room temp fluctuations.

Another good rule is to condition the room air as well.

1 Like

i always had at least one fan blowing air around making the canopy move and an inline fan drawing it out the top with a passive intake on the bottom. i found that if i had to filter it i needed another fan pulling air out of the filter to kill the smell.

I do the same with one cabinet in particular. It gets really hot.
I basically just installed a bathroom vent fan in the top. It works wonders! :slightly_smiling_face::+1: