Help picking out new seeds to buy, whats your take?

Hi everybody. I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, do tell.
I would like some help picking out strains to grow, its been a long while since I last was up to date on whats what.

Not wanting to risk mail order, I have one headshop within driving distance. Here is what they have.
-Seedsman
-Garden of green
-Expert seeds
-Dutch Passion
-Sensi seeds
-Southern soul seeds
Link to the shop

What Im looking for is euphoria, slight relaxation, minimal paranoia, medium body and “clear” mind.
I keep remembering this DJ short blueberry I grew 20y ago, a mutant with weird curly leaves, minuscule yield, but the effects, oh boy.
It was like sitting down at the beach, digging your toes into the sand, lightness of body and an irresistible smile slowly creeping up, hugged by a blanket of happy.
No heaviness, no indica headband or sativa mind rush, just, Aaaaaaah, lovely.

My current candidates are
Kush n Cookies CBD 1:1 (Garden of Green)
Euforia (dutch passion)
Zkittlez (seedsman)

Any pointers welcome.

9 Likes

If they have Blue Dream available I would suggest that. You get the start of a sativa high with energy and clear head, then finish with a nice relaxed body high, but not couch lock. At least for me and many I know it is. Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you choose.

7 Likes

:v: I have no idea how you intend to grow :thinking: :santa: :snowman_with_snow: :bulb: but just a quick look at that site led me to these interesting ones-- I didn’t know Christania(Denmark?) had a seedbank but it’s intriguing. :sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thanks Ron, they do have it, from what I read in reviews it could very well hit the spot, good call.
@cannabissequoia Heres my setup.

3 Likes

Anything Dutch Passion is pretty good. I’m running Cinderella Jack autoflower from DP and it looks and smells amazing.

3 Likes

Good to know they are still a top pick, didnt know if they’d kept up quality.

1 Like

It reminds me of the Hawaiian I use to get in the late 70’s and 80’s. Nice smell, great taste and smooth high. That still is one of my favorite smokes ever.

2 Likes

Old flames one remembers fondly to the end.
Should it turn out like that, the plan is to use colloidal silver method to make some seeds.
How long do you usually let it go, full 9 weeks?

1 Like

I have never made feminized seeds, so I would not be able to give an answer for that part if you are asking about the time table. There are a few people on here I am sure has the answer for that. Maybe @ReikoX knows or can get you in the right direction. I will follow along your grow to see how it is going when you start.

4 Likes

Most likely start date is nov-dec, looking forward to it.
First time doing fem seeds for me as well. Seems such a handy method, being able to back cross to a known good phenotype without the process of finding and proving a male.

2 Likes

I think it is great. I look forward to reading any comments here about it, and look forward to the following your progress. I have 2 Blue Dream I am growing now, they are about 24 days old. May be something to try if there is a female. All about learning new stuff.

3 Likes

Those lemon Zkittles look inviting.
Come to think of it, if they have it in stock, DP Blueberry is something to buy, since what I described was a blueberry :man_facepalming:.
Rons pick and a straight blueberry is probably the place to look for a favorite pheno.
First time ive heard of it as well (DK seedbank).

2 Likes

Sensi is the oldest, most established, and trusted of those banks.

Grab a classic inexpensive pack, like Maple Leaf Indica, Super Skunk, Shiva Shanti, etc.

6 Likes

When making seeds, I let the plant go as long as possible. I like to wait until the seeds “rattle in their pods”

9 Likes

Knew he would know @ReikoX. :smile:

4 Likes

Hey Hydrlizr - thought I’d chip in my two cents.

Kush & Cookies, CBD is a really great strain - extremely well balanced effects, and the very high CBD levels don’t get in the way of a nice THC “punch”. At the same time, the CBD effects (centering, calming, empowering, etc.) reside noticeably over the following day. Other strains are fun too (who doesn’t like options!), but this has become my reliable go-to at any point of the day or night.

I don’t have a lot of room to keep mothers, but this one I’m making room for. Grows pretty easily, and yields are good. Pics are of a 2x4ish organic grow in highly amended coco that as of this coming weekend will be 5 weeks into 12/12, and 3 weeks into actual flower. Around 6-8 weeks to go, and if I can maintain the current rate of development I expect to be very happy with the results!

I’m sure the other options you’ve narrowed toward are great as well, but you really can’t go wrong with K&C,CBD.

Just my two cents grounded in a bit of first-hand experience with the strain.

Incidentally, the pics are of 5 scrogged plants.

8 Likes

Nice grow.
Good to hear what I read is spot on and then some, very much the effects I am looking for, thanks.
Same here, so much good stuff to grow and so little space.
Legalisation cant come too soon, would have a greenhouse in an instant so I can have 4-5 favorites, backcross to an inbred lines and make infinite F1 seeds for the rest of my life :smiley:

@ReikoX , good advice, usually I wait until they drop out when i poke it.
The original question was unclear, was thinking about the favorite degree of bud maturity in case someone is very familiar with the strain.

I’d personally go for Dutch Passion Durban or Desfran for sativa leaners… especially the Desfran, though I’d prefer to get it from Cannabiogen. Silver Haze or Mexican sativa from Sensi would probably be good choices too.

1 Like

Desfran, pear and green apples, oh man, sounds so good.
Sadly the small box I have makes pure sativas very tricky, if cut and trimmed aggressively might work.
Feels wrong, cutting away half the plant several times.

1 Like

New genetics and supplies have been picked up.

The bad news, don’t mess with the sales guy when he is doing stuff, offered to put seeds baggies in a joint tube, I thought it was just fine with my pocket, it wasn’t. Pour one out for DP Euforia, you will be missed. Too expensive and laboursome to go back, 12h drive in total, oh well, some other day.

The good news, still have Passion Fruit, Blue dream, Kush n Cookies and a local RK62 autoflower.

Blue dream or Kush n cookies will get the spot next :yum:

Somewhat pale looking seeds but I hope enough will pop.

6 Likes