Looking for suggestions on delicious tasting smoke grown from seed

Hi, I’m a bit of an “old school” smoker I guess. Looking for seed suggestions that will blossom into some mouth watering enjoyable flower. I am more a sativa kind of guy but good smoke is good smoke. It doesn’t need to be heavy thc but I dont want to have to ask myself “am I high” if you get my drift. Anyway, I just popped some HSC blueberry muffin and was looking for something to try after this crop finishes. Name the strain, breeder and quick summary of experience with that particular smoke. Thanks in advance

8 Likes

I really enjoy Space Monkey from Bodhi. Very loud in the smell department. Better have good scrubbers. Taste on the 4 plants i grew from seed range from coffee/hashy to funky fruit with some cedar and pine mixed in. Im pulling good yields crushing the coffee/hashy plant for rosin and the fruitier cedar pine plants are very enjoyable flowers to smoke. Mouth coating flavor on all 4 plants. And very potent smoke.

6 Likes

Cherry diesel and Diagonal were two favs I had out of dozens recently. The diagonal was very smooth.

3 Likes

Cant go wrong with lemon haze

2 Likes

I do like SLH but have seen very inconsistent results from growers with that plant

I have heard very good things about bodhi. I think I will try his gear soon. The crazy names kind of turned me off into looking at his gear I guess

Cherry diesel sounds interesting. Who is the breeder?

1 Like

Look into esosseeds. (@thenotsoesoteric) I have grown 6 of his feminized cultivars this year. His Purple Betty that I flowered has grape bubblegum terpenes. His Twinkle Tarts that I ran also has very potent terpenes. Heavy influence from the LVTK I suspect. His Welchie that I still haven’t harvested actually smells like grape juice, even though I almost feel like I was tricked even saying that haha. It was just not really even something that I expected. I didn’t put two and two together on the name reference until my entire testing flower room reeked of grape juice. I have an Albino Boogieman in flower that is kind of similar in scent to rubber cement. That might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I am intrigued by it. I will say that I had plants from both his Dynoberry Bites and Stank Bubble that I put into flower that exhibited intersex traits, so just be cautious with those 2 cultivars. I have multiple cuttings from all of my seed plants of Twinkle Tarts, Purple Betty, Welchie and Albino Boogieman, so they will all be ran again. Just incredibly delicious terpenes. I also made hybrids with his Twinkle Tarts, Purple Betty and Albino Boogieman that I am excited to look through. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

3 Likes

https://sweetseeds.es/en/tropicanna-poison-f1-fast-version/

I have a diary going with these, on here.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely look into it. Sounds solid

I picked up an oz of it from Lova, in Denver.

I recently picked up Royal Cherry Diesel from Curaleaf in AZ, and was wishing they had given more info about who the breeder was.

1 Like

Some of the best tasting strains from seed I’ve had have been from sweet seeds in Spain.

2 Likes

I wish I was better at describing the different smells/tastes

1 Like

No worries I often find myself struggling to describe them also

After growing my own 15 years ago, ending up w a couple strains I was able to just buy from friends each run that had good flavors come thru in the smoke- that’s the #1 thing I’m searching for now as I work thru new strains. I’m looking for strains where when smoked as flower, the terps are there still on the inhale and exhale.

I listened to a recent DGC podcast w Jamez Bean as a guest, and he said something about Tropicanna cookies has killer terps that come thru in concentrate, but the citrus terps are very volatile so when smoked w a lighter, they burn off. You smell it in the bag and taste comes thru w dabs but you dont get the flavors in the flower smoke.

So hoping this thread leads me to some consistent terp profiles that come thru in the smoke!!

2 Likes

Absolutely the purpose of my asking in the first place. I know these things tend to be subjective but I like to see what people enjoy smoking. There are a lot of weed zombies out there who smoke anything that looks good and has big numbers on a container. I want smoke that delights my tongue, lungs, nose, and body lol. I know that’s asking a lot

2 Likes

The Tropicanna Poison from Sweet Seeds stinks of oranges while the plant is growing. I cant brush a leaf without it transferring to me. Once I got it curing though, I think the most predominant smell is berries. There is still orange in there, just not as strong anymore. I wonder if the low humidity here had anything to do with that. Don’t expect any hint of this or notes of that, to be in this review :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anybody grow the Pina from Freeborn Selections? Its pricey but heard pina is very distinctive. I need to hear from someone who’s grown it before I invest that much for a regular pack of seeds. Almost forced to save pollen from any males at that price point lol

Barneys farms :tractor: Ayahuasca Purple :purple_circle: great hazelnut :chestnut: like flavor good smoke :dash: nice high :kite: I myself really enjoyed it :yum:

1 Like