Help with IPM

Does anyone use a fogger, atomizer, etc. for IPM? Any advice on brand? Will be used with oil based liquids, like Lost Coast Plant Therapy. But don’t know what micron size would be best, brand quality etc. As long as it holds 1/2 gal, open to anything. Have plenty of outlets so both corded or battery operated will work. Thanks for any recommendations or advice.

4 Likes

I used a ryobi electrostatic mister with bleach and h2o and it worked well. Took out the bugs…that and the ozone for three days sealed off. :laughing:

2 Likes

I have a Petra backpack fogger and it works great for large areas. It has a variable 20-50 micron sized mist. I believe they make hand held battery operated ones for small jobs. Zero complaints.

3 Likes

electric paint sprayers also work real well
the nice thing about paint sprayers is they are meant for thick viscous liquid, so they wont get clogged as easily as other sprayers/atomizers

7 Likes

I’ve used both professional cold foggers and HVLP paint sprayers (available from the big box stores for less than $100). The cold foggers are great for getting distance / height (trees and very tall plants) or covering large areas. The HVLP works great for general use. In both cases, you may need to play around with the units to minimize volume since the amounts produced will likely lead to run-off; which, can cause other problems depending on what is being sprayed.

Makes for very short work and coverage is much better than a pump sprayer.

The HVLP I have is the cheapest Graco HVLP I could find at the time. It has a separate high velocity air generator with an umbilical that attaches to the spray gun / reservoir. The cold fogger is a vector fog and is much more $$$.

5 Likes