High CBD low THC strains for tincture - recommendations? (Organic no till earthbox)

Completely new home cultivator growing medicine. Thanks to the wonderful advice, encouragement and general awesomeness of OG, I’ve made the following progress:

Bought
AC Infinity 4’x4’ tent (sweet deal on an ugly box)
Migro Aray 8 lights - Shane has shipped from Ireland!
Earth boxes (Bundle deal of a pack of four - will be growing vegetables too, kids want to grow catnip and cat grass for our two cats).

Need
Soil (*Earth box bundle comes with some starting organic soil I’ll take a look at… will otherwise use Build a Soil as a guide, or straight up buy their mixes)
Fan, humidifier, carbon filter, maybe an air stone for compost teas, etc.
Seeds!

So here is where I’m at with sourcing seeds for my first grow.

I take Healer CBDA which lists the following strains: Lifter, Silver Haze, Sour Space Candy, Hawaiian Haze. Dr. Sulak has invented a filtration method so this product is not so much a classic oil tincture as it is a kind of cannabis green juice, kept refrigerated.

I also take classic CBD oil from Re: Botanicals and NuLeaf Naturals but these companies do make strain information available, at least I can’t find any, even in the COAs.

For seeds, I’m looking at Oregon CBD seeds targeting strains with 1:25 THC:CBG/CBD ratio. Examples include Sour LIfter, Sour Special Sauce, Elektra… some strain writeups here though I can’t yet parce all of the notes.

I like that these are certified organic, that’s important to me. But I’m not sure which to choose… Any suggestions, thoughts, criticisms… all welcome.

3 Likes

In the past I ordered seeds from 2 snake seeds (I believe it was called). They have a relationship with Humboldt seeds. Iand I’ve sourced a few others locally.
Low thc was important for me. We had our plants tested from the 2 snakes seed stock to verify compliant THC levels and both the limeade and pinesap Kush tested under .03% THC

1 Like

Howdy bud, big CBD user myself and also run some organic living soil raised beds and earthboxes. Sour Lifter smells pretty dank and usually has a pretty high terp content for hemp, never had my hands on sour special sauce, but 1-2 years ago when I had some Electra (smoking it on its own with no THC added in) it had an interesting flush/heat inducing feeling in my face a bit right after a puff. That was something I noticed specifically about that strain.

I am currently trying to start a CBD:THC breeding project to make a number of strains that will land in the 5:1-2:1 CBD:THC ratio, so that will be fun indeed.

I do happen to have an extra pack of Hawaiian Haze sitting here and I also need to pack up some more Bubba Kush CBD Hemp seeds as well. I could send you some as a little CBD care package if you like, that Hawaiian Haze I grew last year made the best tasting/smelling CBD hemp rosin I have had to date. I have some other CBD hemp strains and some mixed up sets of hemp seeds I did not get labeled right a while ago. So if you need some ammo in your pocked for CBD tinctures or whatever, let me know and I can get something on the way to you when I ship all these giveaways out :+1:

Again, Welcome to OG and I hope you enjoy it here :+1:

5 Likes

Great! Thanks for the lead.

1 Like

Oh my how kind! Truly! Much appreciated! Your project sounds great. I think there will be more and more demand in the market for these kinds of strains as legalization rolls onwards. So many of us need gentle cannabis healing and that ratio seems to resonate with some inner reset mechanism.

I’m grateful to you! :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

How about Moroccan Beldia?

https://www.nirvanashop.com/marijuana-seeds/1043-moroccan-beldia.html

2 Likes

No problem at all bud, glad to help out a fellow CBD user :+1: If you are interested, please send me a personal message with your information so I can start getting this ready for you.

I think more and more people will warm up to CBD or at least some of the CBD:THC strains. I am hoping to make and force mixed ratio seeds upon everyone I can at some point hah! Ever since my wife got diagnosed with cancer, I had dove down the path of researching and experimenting with CBD and other cannabinoids. After testing things out, we have never gone back and only use CBD:THC and I never see myself ever using THC on its own again.
I could rant on for ever but I wont, good luck getting your grow fired up and don’t forget to send me a message if you are interested in those seeds :+1:

3 Likes

Interesting! I have a fondness for Morocco thanks to the novels and memoirs of Paul Bowles, an American composer and writer who made Tangier his home for most of his life.

2 Likes

Sending love and positive vibes for your family. You are a great partner for providing that level of support. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Today may be harvesting my run of the Dinamed x Cherry Wine seeds I sent you. Defiantly a range of plant type. I individually pollinated each plant with the three males I used and I will not be short on seeds to try next round. I do have three favourites in regard to plant structure, yield, smell. Where they lean as far as CBD:THC ratios I will see in a while.

Hi 101, in the same boat as myself as far as high ratio CBD strains. I am guessing that a feminized seed might make for a more consistent ratio in the plants. Hope you find one that does what you need.

3 Likes

Awesome! Interested to see how those end up turning out, you had popped soooo many lol

1 Like

Oh yeah. I now have 23 mothers pollinated by 3 males each, 69 seed variations. Will have to figure out how to pare them down to something manageable.

3 Likes

I too have been exploring different cbd:thc ratios to find something to help with some longstanding hip pain, and also anxiety, and have found introducing something a little bit closer to 1:1 cbd to thc has been extremely helpful for me to use throughout the day.

I have had good benefit from Cannatonic, and have currently popped some sebrings revenge x lavender frosting to see if that offers some help. Interesting to hear from other cbd users about what has worked and hasnt worked for them. I think that although polarizing, there is great benefit from the inclusion of cbd into a wellbeing regiment, and that for me the thc helps to amplify the benefits from cbd.

2 Likes

My pain doctor has told me that a little THC helps the CBD work with neuropathic pain. I usually end the night with a mix of CBD to THC. Just during the day I want straight CBD (so the mind does not suggest, "put your finger in the light socket). Yes, my mind and my well being sometimes have issues with each other.

4 Likes

@bassman5420

A pot of gold arrived in the mail!!

I am so grateful and appreciative!!!

Will start a grow diary when my tent and earth boxes arrive and I’m all set up!!

Thank you so much :pray::seedling::green_heart:

5 Likes

Hey no problem at all, glad to try to help when I can. Wow I will have to save this picture, that is the closest I will ever get to being there lol! Looking forward to you getting your equipment and starting your journey. Tag me if ya pop any and happy growing! :+1: :evergreen_tree: :green_heart: :evergreen_tree: :+1:

1 Like