History of Overgrow.com

I remember how happy we were to hit 100,000 members, but I can’t remember if we hit 200k

Stupid LEO in Canada and the US, they did the one thing you shouldn’t do to a service in huge demand, blow it up. We were all scared for awhile, who wouldn’t be?
Fast forward 17 years later, and the dumbfucks in law enforcent now have many, many learn to grow websites (dozens?) with 100,000+ members all over the world.
Legalization is coming for the Congress, they will have to acknowledge this. Now if only an OG drug warrior wasn’t the President…

2 Likes

I went to see it in 2004-06, what I don’t remember is if it was registered, I imagine that it was because it was on icmag.com, 420magazine, cannabiscafe.net, lamarihuana.com and surely I also registered…
When do you release the information from the hard drives?

2 Likes

From 2009 to 2013 an overgrow was made in Spanish, I did it, here you can see screenshots of those years.
It’s the story and it had to be said too…

https://web.archive.org/web/2013*/overgrow.superforos.com

[Wayback Machine]

People from cannabiscafe, lamarihuana, cannarias and more Spanish cannabis forums.

greetings!!!

8 Likes

Funny enough, I heard that Marla herself came up with the idea to use dry ice first, then she published the tek using ice water to make her competitors make an inferior product. The idea being that many terpenes are water soluble and will be washed away with the water. Whereas dry ice keeps these terps intact in the final hash product.

Ive seen a lot of information espionage over the years to get people to make an inferior product, so the real heads of the industry will always have product velocity

2 Likes

Ive heard that sense the early days of bubble bags , I have always been a fan of dry sift and old fashioned hash for the exact reason of loss of terps. Even some of the best full melt bubble lacks in comparison to some lightly pressed dry sift dug out of the bottom of a tote :rofl:

7 Likes

Very interesting comment (the only one this account ever made) in a thread @LemonadeJoe crosslinked to here, commenting on Subcool’s story of RC and Heaven’s Stairway:

1 Like

Man i just got back on the internet and nobody took my handle, that’s awesome. There was some many people that help contribute to the forums everyday, there was this guy, “hempcat” he lived in Amsterdam and had a green house one of the few place it was legal in the 90’s he shared so much content, sorry for commenting on a dead thread. Glad this site is back. I am way late to the party, been growing in the dark since they took marc emery down.

13 Likes

The group that came from weedbase… It was later to become known as the 77 … After Aeric77…

I was the 7th person to ever log on to overgrow.com

Too all of my fallen friends…ndn … skoosh…ot1…Vic high…nl420…NCGA…IMGC… I don’t know where any of you guys are …

You guys have to understand we had to go hide for years…

11 Likes

How many members are there now here currently?

3 Likes

7 Likes

That would be a fun tally to run, we all had goofy windows 95 logos or Linux penguins, or linux red hat as our images, stuff that would be retro now days. I mean i was in my 20’ and talking to guys in their 60’s id imagine a-lot of them have passed by now. I’d hope they are still around though, it was scary to put what we had online. There where no vpns to other countries, and back then packet sniffing, tracking, tracing was fair game, no law or regulations… now there is so many forums, and even groups on meta its crazy…happy growing

6 Likes

I used to post alot on there under the same username. I was most definitely a post whore. I wonder if anyone remembers me.

6 Likes

@scrogathon, welcome to OG.

2 Likes

Welcome @scrogathon . There is a thread dedicated to members of the original OG. Pop in there and see if you recognize any of the names. :v:

5 Likes

Welcome back.

1 Like

There was the tor program, the start of the dark web. But hell yea those where the days no doubt. Internet was so much different

2 Likes

It sure is good to be back,even if its a new sig.

Joined back in the days 2000.
Left when it went down on my birthday of all days .

Its good to see some old faces from the past.

Still about, the place.

9 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Hashy.

4 Likes

Hey @Hashy, Welcome to Overgrow 2.0!
I was lurking ‘back in the day’, yeah, it was a rude surprise when it was …gone…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Welcome @Hashy , check put the thread I posted above. May find some other original members you recognize :v:

5 Likes