HLG customer service is next level…

I’m officially an HLG fanboy. Had to have the driver replaced on my HLG260 and they sent me all this stuff with it. It’s like Christmas came again lol.

25 Likes

I told my friend about the quality of their stuff. He purchased a reconditioned 550 v2. He had a problem with the dimner switch. They replaced it with a new 660 rspec. Shipped 2nd day to him. They are amazing.

8 Likes

They respond to emails quickly and at pretty much all hours (within reason). They have kickass lights to boot!

7 Likes

You are right about that. His problem happened during the holidays and they were still quick about things.

5 Likes

Literally overnighted the driver. They are pricey but with that level of customer service I’ll never buy anything else.

8 Likes

I have an HLG and that’s one of the reasons I got it. Bulletproof customer service. Haven’t had to use it yet.

7 Likes

Also I want one of those hats

6 Likes

Their lights are great, if your budget allows I really like them.
I’m a little sour about the price but your are paying for a pretty much bulletproof warranty.

That being said I dropped a pretty generous portion on the scorpion Diablo and a uv booster, When the 48 pound scorpion Diablo showed up the mounting cables failed and luckily I was holding the thing because it would have fallen 4+ feet and crushed some small veg plants I ‘moved to the side’.
The cables weren’t pinched tight and gave out.
I contacted them telling them they failed and they apologized and said they would address the issue and give me a nice discount in the future.

So a couple months go by and I’m like I want another UV booster and a 350R to fill out the tent. I contacted them about the generous discount they offered .
They gave me 10% off and I’m like ‘sick thanks so much’. So I checkout and everything goes smoothly.
The package arrives with the same cheap cables and a note saying the cables are cheap use at own risk basically lol.

Literally one month later they did a big promotion (4/20,Halloween can’t remember)
And gave everyone 20% off.
I felt like almost breaking a light is was worth more than they gave me, and not changing the mounting gear wasn’t addressing the problem.

5 Likes

Damn that sounds like a pretty negative experience. Can’t believe those diablos weigh 45 pounds :grimacing:

2 Likes

It’s a real dope thick aluminum heat sink but ya 48 pounds and mounting gear that can’t support it

Edit- I just felt a $1900Cad light should come with gear that can support it,not asking too much

2 Likes

How do you even sleep at night with that hanging over your plants with weak ass hangers lol balls of steel I tell you

2 Likes

Replaced with large gauge chains
Edit- I do have 72 pounds of lights hanging in a tent rated for 50 lol

3 Likes

I love my 600R. Thats great CS right there!

4 Likes

Glad to hear about the good glg experience. Also good looking out on the shoddy hardware. NEVER trust that sh*t! HLG user here as well, two 135 rspecs, six qb96’s with pin heatsinks. Love the 135’s. Putting the six qb’s on a frame over six micro octopots. A qb96 for every plant is the plan. Should be fun, and new for me. 135’s are awesome for my 2x2.

5 Likes

I’ve have nothing but positive experiences with HLG. I recently purchased 3 qb96s to go with 2 315 cmh’s for a new 5x5 setup.

4 Likes