Hoku Seed Co. - CBD, CBG, to THCV cannabinoid profiles

It seems Hoku Seed Co. is starting to gain some traction amongst growers who are searching for mixed cannabinoid profiles from CBD, CBG, to THCV so figured we should have a dedicated thread to share what we find. I have now grown a couple rounds of Hoku growing a handful of different strains that are all CBD dominant.

Ceiba OZ ( Ceiba x OZ Kush #1) were really all skunk, kush, with slight gas and just the faintest sweetness.

Ceiba OZ #1

!

Ceiba OZ #3

!

Ceiba OZ #4

!

Ceiba OZ #2

!

KZ x ODB x RL I received as a freebie and it seems like it produces an eclectic mix of plants, this plant was all sweet, maybe slightly cakey.

!

I am currently growing a few Eraser (Ceiba x Abacus) as well as a Tesla Ray (Tesla x Holy CBD) that will all be coming down this week, the Eraser have a general mild sweetness with a little funk once you get up in there. Most of the phenos have all been similar as far as structure and aroma.

Eraser #1

!

Eraser #2

!

Tesla Ray has some quite chunky and thick colas, not a lot of strong aroma until you get up close, then it is mostly kush and funk, maybe a little generic sweetness.

22 Likes

Nice! Really pretty plants at the very least!
@Dirt_Wizard gifted me a pack of the Circles CBG line, and I’m thinking I’ll slide it in somewhere soon.
I’m also interested in the $75 variety pack of CBD strains you can pick up
I’ll be curious about the smoke reports; are you planning on having any samples tested for cannabinoid presence?

6 Likes

Absolutely mix a couple CBG plants into your next round or two and I have thought about cannabinoid testing and picked up a do it yourself test kit from Cannalytics Supply as I know @deeez99 uses them and I think @lefthandseeds will be messing around with them too. I believe both have grown out a few from Hoku as well. Yet, I am more curious in testing out the 1:1 CBD/THC ratio plants or any that may contain THCV (both of which I will be growing in the near future) versus just the CBD/G dominant crosses.

I smoked a little bit of the Ceiba OZ but have mostly been making tinctures with it at varying ratios with THC dominant flower as well. It works really well and I enjoy it in the evenings but I am excited to try out the Eraser and Tesla though in a month or so.

6 Likes

I have few packs of Hoku I will try later on
Have you tried this cross

Nice looking plant’s

6 Likes

I have a pack of those but have yet to grow them, I am excited about it though, should be a wide range of cannabinoid profiles with some having a bit more THC from what I have seen.

It seems a lot of the “hemp” flower retailers online run Hoku gear and hang on to certain phenos that they find and consider to be keepers. I know the Powerberry x AC/DC (although they have the parents listed backwards on Hoku and other locations) produced one pheno they call B.O.B. that is quite popular, although I don’t know how many beans they had to pop to find it? Here is a link to a write up on it.

3 Likes

I read about B.O.B few weeks back
Many thanks happy growing

2 Likes

Here’s the finished buds of the OC V2 that Circles is the parent to, I just trimmed these down at my partners parents house, her mom grew one in the backyard this year:

9 Likes

Lil Trees!
I’ll be intrigued to hear what effects are like…

2 Likes

That’s some good looking bud

2 Likes

Yeah! Especially for something that started with Bernabeo, a fiber line of hemp genetics!

3 Likes

I never saw on their site the lineage of the strain! I’ve been meaning to grab one of their variety packs for a while now

2 Likes

I just ordered some of the Syrian V2 from Hoku last night.
I’m really curious to see what these are like. :+1:

Anyone run one of his Syrian crosses yet?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried any yet but @lefthandseeds has been working with them as part of his Syrian projects:

3 Likes

I’m interested in that one too. I have it, but haven’t run it yet.

I grew some of their Baox x Syrian and it was straight nasty rank ass weed, like a hot dumpster. I didn’t enjoy it that much, but it was a strong growing plant with solid yields and good resin.

For Syrian, I’ve mainly been growing my own cross with Lebanese. It seems to do pretty well in crosses. I tested with TLC and did find some THCV even after hybridization. I think the SV1/2 should have it in spades.

3 Likes