Hoku Seed Company Genetics ( anyone got them )

Hey guys, I am a avid enjoyer of rare strains that offer something modern bud cant do.

Too my surprise Hoku Seed Co is growing genetics that do just this. More cannabinoids, more terps, more rarity.

They have a whole page dedicated to awesome landrace strains , both pure and crosses. And they sell Type 1 - 4 seeds. ( type 1 = high thc. type 2 = 1:1 cbd to thc . type 3= high cbd . type 4 = high cbg or other alt noid.

For the THCV lovers : Shop — Hoku Seed Co.

heres there website. They do Have an instagram. ^^

Little known facts - They supply alot of the legal hemp growers market with genetics. They have collabed with High alpine genetics and other folks.

For you THCV connoisseurs out their they do have high THCV strains .

anyway guys… id love to see an uptick in hoku grows because I feel like they hit a target of growers who want something special… and I feel like alot of growers here could use something from their catalogue .

Me currently im eyeballing this strain here. ( acer 1 )

Not that this matters since we are talking about ordering seeds here, but they were the most generous company when sending me seed samplers. I received about 100 free beans from those guys. Each a landrace crossed with a stable cbd genetic. Super good people man.

Figured I would make this thread because I have NOT seen the first person talk about them here… and with what they specialize in breeding … I feel it would be criminal to not make a thread talking about their genetics.

12 Likes

I recently picked up Wild Country from hoku, for the mild thc and decent cbd/cbg ratios to go with it.

Glad to see more balanced medicine out there.

Ill try to get these going for spring :+1:

5 Likes

Right on dude. Me too.

Im tired of the 4309583490534 percent Thc strains . I want something that is 4 percent CBC ( like stone branch ags GodFather OG which btw was the stinkiest cbd I ever smoked )

3 Likes

Nah ive seen @Dirt_Wizard mention Hoku before, I’ve been meaning to order some high Cbd stuff from them and I wanted to check out the OC CBG V2 because the smell description sounds pretty interesting to me (basil & ammonia?) but I’ve never smoked high cbg stuff before.

4 Likes

I can prolly highly recommend their OZ Kush. Its the most popular hemp strain on r/hempflowers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I grew out Doomsday Diesel cbd/cbg last summer outdoors.
I have a grow log of it.
Turns out it is a fast finisher. I mentioned it to Floyd and he said one of the parents is a fast finisher.
Floyd is a good guy and I would definitely buy his genetics especially if you are looking for cbd cultivars.

6 Likes

Lots of love for Hoku and there are have been a few members growing their strains already if you check the search function. I know @ElGalloBlanco already created a hoku thread here if you want to check it out:

I grew this a couple years back and unfortunately I wasn’t all that impressed with the smoke. It grew fine and wasn’t fussy but didn’t quite live up to the description. I only had one male and one female to judge though so definitely one I’d give another shot at. Best of luck with yours if you decide to pull the trigger on it, I’ll be anxious to see your grow.

8 Likes

I have some OC V2 that my partners mom grew outside on Long Island last summer, it does have a nice pissy ammonia spicy basil thing going on, I’ve given bowls of it to people and they say it’s delicious so it’s not just me. Nice weed for a weird hemp type, I’m trying some inside to see how much denser it’ll get under LED with Jacks

3 Likes

Extremely generous with the seeds, my first order was huge compared to what I expected, think TGTB scooped double tubes over the advertised numbers. If anyone wants to swap some I have some CBG genetics I could share, would love to try more of his Type IVs in particular but really almost anything.

4 Likes

Always liked the idea of their stuff I really should be exploring these more as my dad hates the high now after 60 years but loves the medicinal aspect and smoking joints .

5 Likes

I’ve got about 15ish of Floyd’s creations that I will probabl be putting HALF of them in the ANNUAL SPRING GIVEAWAY. I’m a Fan of Hoku, indeed. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

If you PM those “personals”, I can see myself putting together a “LOW THC/CBD DOMINATE” Package for you and your Father…just sayin’!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Been looking at Hoku for their landraces too.
Anyone tried some of those landraces?

4 Likes

I think @Upstate has some in an upcoming rotation…I think. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You are the absolute best bro! Always lookin out, much much respect

2 Likes

I’ve been talking about that Kentucky landrace awhile now, even long before you gave it to me. I’ll have to see how that one likes it here😁 Syrian v is another really interesting find. Need to find a dry spot for that one.

4 Likes

Which ones are you looking at?

2 Likes

I m searching for a good Panama Red and a good siberiana ruderalis as pure as possible landraces
@Upstate

1 Like

im sitting on Syrian V myself. Ive read its like coffee and adderall had a baby with some bud LOL

4 Likes

I grew out a couple plants of CBD dominant (I think OC2?).

They stretched like crazy. Wasn’t a huge fan of the overall structure. Might try them outside next time. Hoku does have a lot of interesting offerings, especially in high CBD varieties.

3 Likes