Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Looking good man. I get crispiest sometimes near the end with my HID. I was running my light 10" off my last run. The heads exploded and foxtails out. I’m flipping everythang today to avoid that again. It’s definitely affected my yield.

Are you running organic soil? I saw some slight burning. I hate to be a nitpicker. @ReikoX put me down with an awesome soil mixture. If you ever want to switch it up man. I am dialed everything down slightly and I’ve had no problems with any type of burn It’s really been a blessing in disguise man. All I do is add some cal mag and some bloom feed. Loving the Goji…of course. My pheno is huge in structure and tastes of wild strawberries (Goji Berry). You crush that Goji now.

I’m loving the NL cross my dude. I can’t wait to dust some of these northern Lights clones with a little bit of that pollen seeing what comes out. Awesome work. :grin::+1:

I need to run some more goji for real. My cut is too big to do inside. It always tops out in 6 ft That’s f****** crazy. I might need to seriously think about growing it to a foot tall and then just flipping it if it’s got a three-time stretch on it definitely. Or running more beans for a tighter pheno. I’ll be watching to see how yours turn. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks!!

For soil, I am using a mix reiko posted but not sure it’s the same you’re using or not.
Soil Mix
7.5 gallons of peat moss
4.5 gallons of perlite
3 gallons of fresh EWC or compost
2.5 cups of dolomite lime

Amend with
2 cups bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup greensand (optional)

That’s what I’m using and what I did the NL girls in. I think it ran out of oomph in the last month. The gojis I did a split mix in the 1 gallon pots and that’s what messed em up. Burn/deficiency all over. So they’re on maxigro/bloom for the rest of the run. Only my NL #5 clone is still organic and she’s in a 7 gallon pot this time instead of 3 gallons I did the other two in and I’ve been top dressing the soil to be safe. Unsure how often to do it really, but I’ll get there :wink:

7 Likes

I’m favoring the narrow leaf pheno afaict so far. #2 looks interesting. The smell I have favored in the flowering plants generally smells a little sweet like juicy fruit gum. You can get in a stem rub too.

4 Likes

Yeah I like #1 and #2 the most myself. #2 is the most vigorous plant of the group. The clone is already a foot tall and its been maybe two weeks since I planted it. Will try and get some stem rubs tonight and see what the smells are.

Group #2 is coming along with Goji 4/5/6/7 but they’re still under 6 inches tall at the moment. Hopefully can take clones and flower them out here in a couple more weeks.

Will cull down to a pair or so to keep and make seeds with later. Need an herb run first :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

So I think 7 out of 8 seeds popping within 48hrs is a good ratio. Think we’re done here. :heart_eyes:.

Couple more days and the NL’s will be dry enough to shuck. Once I get a count on those and package them up I’ll figure out how I want to send these out.

14 Likes

I seem to be getting a spicy smell from the stem rub off all 3 gojis. The #3 seems to be a bit lighter in smell, there’s something else there but I can’t place it yet :thinking:

7 Likes

Alright, here’s one of the second lowest branches from the NL5HSS #5 Girl mostly trimmed up.
1 week quick dry at like 40% RH because I really only need to get the seeds out not have herb to smoke.

Broke it all up…

Came out to exactly 1.5grams of some pretty damn sticky shake, and 71 seeds :heart_eyes:
Now to shuck the other 95% of the plant :pensive:

14 Likes

Very nice only 95% to go lol happy shucking,it will be worth it to make so many giddy from your time and effort.mad props to you HA​:fist_right::fist_left:

4 Likes

@SmknCanuck Thanks! I should hopefully be able to make at least 68 people real happy :sweat_smile:
We’ll see if I get as many seeds from these two girls as I did from the FLC. I’d think so ^^

Here’s the #4 Girl, similar branch, second from the bottom.

Buds are smaller, but have bigger calyx’s, looks much closer to modern stuff.
And all broken up…

1.05g and 55 seeds. Had quite a few aborts in this branch(~15ish) :thinking: but the one’s that finished look great. Same deal, still have 95% of this plant to shuck too :sob::rofl:

She has a definite, upfront, metallic merging-into-pine smell when broken up. It is right in your face. The backend of the smell still has a lingering… fermented fruit? or floral-type? smell… or something. But from that up-front metallic smell, and the bud and leaf structure, she definitely seems to me like a good mix of NL5 and Sensi Star. Not what I’m personally looking for here sadly, but she’s very nice in her own right and will be some good medicine for me in the meantime. I did not keep this girl. Apparently, the plants I like the least, end up doing the most good for me… is this like, eating healthy? :rofl:

It’s going to be a bit on any type of real smoke report for either of these girls, and I’m smoking shake from seed-shucking mind you :joy: but I will say this #4 definitely seems like a punch-in-the-face-stony-couchlock high. The #5 is more of a mellow-slightly-motivating high, which is more like the NL5xHaze I’m used to. Sadly both are lacking any psychoactive, or soaring, sativa-type high’s I’ve had from nl5xhaze in the past. Now I can see why Todd crossed this to Original Haze :rofl:

I still plan on keeping the seeds from the two girls separate. This way you’d know which one was the Haze leaning pheno(#5) and which one was the Sensi Star leaning pheno(#4). Or can pick and choose if you just want one, two, or all three(FLC/#4/#5). Couple stamps, some christmas cards, and some coin flips should take care of shipping :grin:

I’m unsure what the male is imparting exactly but we should find out over the next few months. In terms of overall structure he is definitely the haze/nl5xhaze leaning pheno of the two males I had originally so I’m hoping he’ll pass that along. I do wonder with his flower structure though as it doesn’t look like haze at all to me but I could be wrong. We’ll just have to see what the F2’s and the FLC BX look like ^^

13 Likes

Love the in depth description and detail definitely sounds like a great solid base to play on and maybe use an every day haze on it.Well all on your mailing list are lucky to be there…Have a great night and happy growing and shucking lol

2 Likes

Oooh that is a great idea actually! I should be getting that by this weekend, I didn’t even think about that. Thanks for checking in here! I hope you do the same :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As-is I have these seeds that I could search through to try and further the haze/sativa side in this line.

Authentic Genetics - NL5HSSxOHaze
Authentic Genetics - Original Haze
JOTI - Hawaiian Lights
Mr.Nice - NL5xHaze
Starlite
A5 Haze x Herijuana
Maui Wowie

But I’m slightly on the fence at the moment where to take it. I want a better hazey male regardless what this male provides as I doubt it’s completely free of Sensi Star. I was thinking use Todd’s nl5hss/ohaze to find a male to backcross with my #5 girl to keep the structure and flower time down in my line. I could do my own ohaze cross with the #5… butwhy.gif… Then just find a better pair to use in my bx and work the line a bit from there.
The MrNice could be exactly what I want but I have no real idea if its even good or not, haven’t seen a recent report lately.
Or could go for the Starlite which might be the other best choice…
But that Everyday Haze could fit right in there perfectly and possibly lower the flower time too :thinking:

7 Likes

Joti Hawaiian Lights and the A5 Haze x Herijuana MauwiWowie catch my fancy as i am smoking some of Sebring’s MWCB and loving the euphoric trippy giddy uplifting high…I think you have few options there to work it.Sadly the only way to know what works best is to try each one and see what you like best…

6 Likes

Yeah! That euphoric trippy giddy high is more what I’m looking for. It’s at least one aspect I remember.

The MW I have IS sebring’s MWCB so hopefully would be able to find something similar… only catch is they’re all fem’s and if I hit one with a NL male I’m no longer working my NL line, I’m working the MW line… So if I go that route I think I’d have to grow just one MWCB out, hit it with STS for pollen and use that on my #5 girl, grow those out and hit them with either my #1 male… it’s that or again, find a better male to use, and then do that.

Funtimes :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Goji #3 is a girl!

Verdict still out on #2 :joy:

This one has a couple leaves that are variegated :thinking:

And don’t mind the floor, been absolutely slammed lately but I try and clean at least weekly, which will be today.

13 Likes

Finally, 8 days into flower. Goji #2 is a boy!

Will have to move him out of the tent in a couple days. Will likely let him flower out so I can collect some pollen but I’m not seeding these two girls yet. I have him backed up to run later but this was kinda what I was hoping for, purple stemmed boy. Now let’s see if he gets frosty too!

Here’s his variegated leaves

17 Likes

I wish he would stop talking about thw mwcb, it makes me want to pop more beans! There’s no way I would have room. The high sounds great.

Congrats on the boy!

6 Likes

like that is a bad thing :wink:

5 Likes

Not if you have room! I need to go up pot, and pray for room as it is! :joy:

3 Likes

if I had less family I would have way more room

just sayin

5 Likes