Honey, I'm Home!

I just love coming home to my ladies praying.

7 Likes

Nice!.. I wanna see how the airpots vs. smart pots vs. typical #2 pot compares…

Good luck and heavy sticky harvests!

1 Like

Thank you.

Right now it seems the air pots are winning. But theyre all not in the same strain.

1 Like

I’m cheering for the smart pot they are cheaper.

1 Like

Yeah its def an unfair fight. Diff cultivars. Diff phenos. If i could get airpots in canada without paying 30bucks for a single 5 gal and 50 to ship it… smart pots for me it is.

Why not take the regular plastic pots and drill tons of holes??

2 Likes

I thought of that but that isnt an airpot. I would want to do a legit test with proper pots.

Nah, I wanna see the side by side, even if they are different.

I will put 5 $ on the smart pots.

2 Likes

Ok… 5 bucks and a half smoked J on the airpots.

1 Like

Ok those smart pot girls were talking to me…

4 Likes

Hands down smart pots are the best. Better price. Better air. Better air pruning. Everythings better.

I assume you are hand watering??? If so, I’ll go with the reg #2 plastic.

1 Like

yeah, I gotta agree there, easy to water…

I have 7 gallon ones and I’m not sure how much water. Right now I give 1/2 a gallon because they keep overflowing through the fabric.

It is always a good idea to water twice. Slowly water until some comes out the bottom, then wait twenty minutes or so while what ever runs out soaks back in. Water again and wait ten minutes or so and remove any excess water. With huge pots you might have to water a third time. For more info my #10 pots hold a little over seven gallons of soil and hold three to four gallons of water. My mix has added aeration. Your mix might have more peat.

1 Like

I have roots organic 707 soil and water just runs right through it and all becomes run off.

1 Like

That is why you wait and let the water absorb back in and then water a second time and wait to see if all of that absorbs back in. The first time i water a lot goes in the pan. Just wait it will be taken up.

You want a couple of cups too much water in the end to leach out bicarbonates and other salts that can mess with ph. Even if you are organic you have to worry about that stuff. Manure is full of salts.

Fuck rootsXD also. Water slower. The reason your water is running through it is because peatmoss is hydrophobic. As soon as peat drys out youll have one hell of a time watering. Try putting a mulch on the pots. If you use a wetting agent like aloevera, yucca, dr bonners castile soap, itll make the peat soak it up like a sponge. I make sure to wet my peatmoss before mixing my soil then i make sure it DOESNT dry out.