**HOTDOGS!** šŸŒ­

go figure lol. i tried mine in nova scotia

2 Likes

Back in the day here in NS we had our own hotdog plant .
Larsen
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/larsen-classic-wieners/6000197818617
While these are Larsen today they are not the same .
These are what Mapleleaf foods crank out after they bought them.
The originals were packed individually in a plastic wrapper spun at each dog to make it look like linked sausage

The originals were nice , the current ones are an example of how to pump salt water into food to increase your profits .

2 Likes

I was amazed at how common this is. I was buying chicken awhile ago and it contained 15% injected broth.

Talk about having your thumb on the scale.

2 Likes

I know some guys in the food biz .
ā€œPumpā€ or ā€œPumpedā€ is a term they use and not because they go to the gym lol
Lower tier protein is pumped to increase weight and give it a fresher appearance .
A lot of chicken is ā€œPumpedā€ to some degree .

McHomard/Lobster is good but not as nice as when we make ours with the NewEngland buns :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember in college, wrap a hot dog in a bun, in a paper towel. Microwave one Microwave, bun steamed. Dog done. Add cheese as I evolved. Mustard when done. I was never a ketchup guy.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m buying this is my go to. I love these they are really good.

when Iā€™m lazy Iā€™ll put some ketchup and mustard on them with a toasted bun.
I normally like to cook them over an open fire add sauerkraut, mayo, onions, relish, jalapeƱos, and a bit of ketchup and brown spicy mustard. :yum: another favorite is chili on them with onions and hot sauce and lays tater chips. Hell a plate of lays with tapatio all over is freaking awesome. Also hot sauce sandwich. Hot sauce on :bread:
Edit fuck Iā€™m stoned and hungry.

8 Likes
Hotdogs: "The Pollening"
  • Iā€™ve gotten hotdogs since reading this thread.
  • Iā€™m going to get hotdogs after reading this thread.
  • Iā€™m not interested in hotdogs after reading this thread.
  • I am currently eating a hotdog while reading this thread.
  • I am a hotdog and I am horrified by this thread.
  • I came to this thread thinking it was about a hotdog related plant expression and while Iā€™m not disappointed I now want to figure out if we can together develop a ā€œHotdogā€ terpine profiled strainā€¦

0 voters

8 Likes

In the 1960ā€™s it was Texas Hot Wieners.
In the 1970ā€™s, after going to NYC tp see David Bowie Diamond Dogs show, I found Nathans.
Late 1970 moved to Chicago area, and found BOZO Hot Dog shacks amazing!
Since then a local dogger has my taste buds, or lack there of.

1 Like

Donā€™t toss the water after boiling your hotdogs , make a mean pot of weiner water soup, or take your Ramen noodles to the next level.

2 Likes

Hotdog water in the bong

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the Deluxe ā€˜Bombdogā€™ recipe. I thought we were the only onesā€¦basic recipe was hold the ketchup and cheese, my staple. LMAO memoriesā€¦

1 Like

Embedded cheese hotdogs never fail to burn the ever living $?!# out of my tongue.

3 Likes

When we went and stayed at dads house for the weekend as kids it was hot dogs wrapped in a tortilla , as they stayed ā€˜freshā€™ longer than a loaf of bread.

2 Likes

I was looking for hotdogs tonight while grabbing some groceries but sadly I didnā€™t see any good hotdogs, I was really wanting to fire up the bbq and make some hot dogs.
I decided to go with a chicken. :chicken:

1 Like

There used to be a spot here called ā€œShort Leashā€ and they did dogs with crazy toppings wrapped in Naan. Flame.

15 Likes

Step 1: Pack a bowl / roll a joint / do your thing with the :broccoli: .
Step 2: Make the :hotdog: foodstuff.
Step 3: Leave :hotsprings: food out on counter.
Step 4: Go smoke that :poop: !
Step 5: Come back to food cool enough to not burn yer face off.
Step 6: Profit!

9 Likes

Just Stopped by and tried this hotdog place for the first time yesterday called dirty dogs
I have to say on of the best dogs I have had in a while.

Donā€™t mind the Mexican style corn and cheese fries :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: in the middle

13 Likes

True statement

2 Likes

Kielbasa chili dogā€¦idk why. But Iā€™ve been thinking about this all damn day. :laughing:

11 Likes

Reminds me of that limp bizkit album :smiley:

2 Likes