How a strain becomes famous worldwide

So what makes a strain pop off and flood into mainstream cannabis market?

I remember being around when Josey Whales started passing around cuts of the GG4 back on Icmag. The strain started getting huge recognition on the forums and eventually moved into the mainstream audience. It was an honor to be growing this so early on. And it was a truly exceptional plant.

Next there was GSC, and so on and so on…

Of course it all starts with an elite level cut… but there are many elite level cuts found that don’t burst into the mainstream audience.

Is it marketing hype or what is it? Let’s hear your opinions guys :sunglasses::beers:

5 Likes

Hype & Accessibility of a 1/2 good product :ok_hand:

3 Likes

You answered your own question. :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty pictures on Instagram. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Accessibility is a good point.

Doesn’t hurt I guess :joy:. Yes, yes I agree.

Exactly. Purp punch and mac1. All bling no zing in my experience.

3 Likes

I find most times it’s just marketing. Don’t get me wrong, some strains deserve to be on the world stage but still, at the end of the day you got to give big ups to marketing.

1 Like

Imagine if we could create the next big thing as a community. But along with the bling… we bring the zing. Big zing :sunglasses:.

4 Likes

Ever been to a Cookies Store? Berners business model is epic IMHO.

2 Likes

Working on it now, shhh. “Elroy”

2 Likes

Yeah berner is a marketing genius. Linking up with Wiz… and snoop to a lesser degree isn’t a bad idea lol.

But I’m curious to check out the intricacies of what he does exactly.

1 Like

Read up on his history, he is OG, new school.

1 Like

Smart man. And yes it’s epic :sunglasses:

1 Like

My backwoods ass would have a panic attack in a cookies store. The idea of a weed store. Oh man. Where I live it’s 711 parking lots and dodging piggies.

3 Likes

His mom died from Cancer and he is fighting it now, just recvd extension on Radiation Treatments.
I wish him to flourish, he is a beautiful human.

Ohh I know :smirk: I’m a fan of him.
Cookies or Better :wink:

Wiz and berner

A whole song dedicated to cookies back in 2013. If that’s not good marketing to the younger community I don’t know what is.

1 Like