Simple light proof intake?

I’m relatively new to indoor growing. What’s your go to solution for a simple light proof passive air intake?

3 Likes

5 Likes

This won’t make it light proof but it helps reduce it. It’s what I use as my duct stretches a fair way away from my tent.

6 Likes

awesome, that’s actually exactly what I have set up.
I have several feet of curved 4" duct tubing leading into a lightweight filter box I built out of 10" flexible ducting with a thrip screen like that and a similar piece of activated charcoal fabric, plus an additional piece of black linen fabric to keep dust out of the filter.

4 Likes

There’s the key right there. Light travels in a straight line, unless reflected it can’t travel around corners.

5 Likes

I put a black garbage bag over my exit point in the wall outside and cut the end off it. it runs through an old garbage bin I have duct tapped to a cat litter tray, with panda plastic, that I screwed to the wall on top, upside down. When the exhaust comes on the bag opens up and lets the air out, when the exhaust switches off the bag collapses. and because it turns at a 90 degree bend no light gets in, or cold air blowing back in, in winter.

It dont get much more red neck than this lmao.

You can see the black garbage bag hanging out the bottom of the bin.

8 Likes

The more ghetto the better IMO :rofl:

5 Likes

This is genius omg :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The purpose was to obtain a complete dark in using the three horizontal vents of a 4x4. Hope it inspire.

5 Likes

I just use a box like a periscope. Good enough.

2 Likes

2 4" 90s out of pvc worked well enough and was ghetto as hell.

1 Like

Considering it was held together with duct tape and a few screws, it lasted 5 years before it got tore off in a hurricane.

1 Like