How is she? What can I improve on to help her thrive?

Just wanted to share my exciting news: my Platinum Kush has started to sprout! Now, I’m turning to you seasoned growers for some advice on how to ensure she thrives. What can I do to give her the best start possible?

2 Likes

Welcome to OG! You took a great first step coming here. Check out some grow logs. Post pictures here on this thread. Ask questions and you will get as much information as you could ever want.

1 Like

Don’t over water the sprout. Be patient while it is growing. More is not better when fertilizing.
Have a good grow.
Tell something about your grow. What kind of light, what is your medium (soil, hydro, peat blend), what are you going to feed the sprout?

LITFA is important to understand as well.
@ReikoX has a tutorial. :wink:

5 Likes

Pics
We need pics lol
Dirt?
Coco?
Hydro?
Good luck

2 Likes

Watering is the biggest issue most people have, usually too much. Good rule of thumb is to never water more than 5%-10% of the total container volume in one go e.g - 1 solo cup = 500mls (approx) 5%-10% = 25-50mls at a time.

1 Like

Another tip is to wait an hour or two before going to add more water. It’s especially helpful when your soil has gotten to dry and has become hydrophobic.

1 Like

Light, nutes, temperature and humidity.

Here’s a solid video by Bruce. That should cover the basics from the nine cardinal parameters, proper pH, DLI, etc.

This is great reference material, he covers pretty much everything, and the search function is very useful.

1 Like

Welcome to OG. I’m sure you’ll find what you seek here.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’ll definitely start browsing through the grow logs and sharing pictures of my grow! Excited to learn from all of you!

1 Like

hey man! thanks for the reminder about not overwatering and being patient! I’m using organic soil for my grow, and I plan to start with gentle, balanced nutrients once she’s a bit bigger. And I’ll definitely check out that tutorial!

1 Like

hey man! absolutely, I’ve snap a couple of pics unfortunately just one photo has been allowed to post see below! I’ll upload my grow update for more pics soon! . I’m using organic soil for this grow, aiming for a natural approach. Thanks for the well-wishes!

1 Like

That’s a helpful guideline, thanks, man! I’ll make sure to monitor my watering closely and stick to smaller amounts at a time. :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely keeping an eye on those factors! I’ve got a decent LED light setup, and I’ll be monitoring temperature and humidity closely :eyes:

1 Like

this is solid man! thanks for sharing the video! :heart_eyes:

1 Like