How many plants are you growing per square foot outdoors?

I know right? I dream of the day I have my own land so I can do something like this. Kudos on your build man, I just saw the pics in the thread you posted :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Last year I stuffed 25 plants in a 12 x16, was def to much, only 14 made it to end of season. 12 woulda been ideal

1 Like

wow, 16 sqft a plant? That’s pretty much what I run already :joy: I can see what you mean though, two plants usually fill up my 4’x8’ nicely

1 Like

Ya it was a damn jungle out there

12 Likes

Let me just give you a big holy shit, @AzSeaindooin420! d8JBdDJ Man o’ marijuana what a grow!!

Eyes pop

3 Likes

For outdoors I’ve never really crammed them in. They get a good amount of space.

3 Likes

I mean it was a cool experience… But quality took a huge hit because of how unmanageable it was then all the herm problems, I knocked it all down and haven’t done anything with it, will prob just end up throwing in buckets for hash but still was cool to practically blow the walls off the greenhouse with green

4 Likes

It is an awesome look! And getting to make hash makes it not a total loss. :+1:

1 Like

@ChongoBongo We’re not in ground. In 30 gal pots and Usually leave 10 ft between them.
Gives room to train out and a lil to walk between them.

This is last summer.

:v:

12 Likes

I don’t know how I’d figure that out. My grow

3 Likes

WOW! Beautiful! No moving those multiple times daily! :joy: :laughing:

What are the bottles on sticks for?

2 Likes

Sticks are for training and later support.
The bottles Stop the sharp stick in the eye happening. :grin:
They also rattle and spin in the wind.
Helps keep the jays and song birds from getting too comfy and leaving :poop:on a nugget too.
And thank you much. :pray:
:v:

8 Likes

Right! No nuggets on the nuggets!

3 Likes

By playing with planting times, I can stagger the harvest but also final plant size…

The “minis” I run, are planted way late around mid July and end up with about 1/2- 1 Oz on them at 2-3ft tall strain depending.
1 per square foot is how I roll.

You can also pack pots together so plants grow tall, then put them in dirt sideways for a low profile sog like catapillar :wink:

4 Likes

My outdoor plants usually take up a 5x5ft or 6x6ft space. I like to give them room away from each other. I don’t grow for maximum harvest per space but that’s also the idea of outdoor for me. Lots of space, free light. I don’t get near the same quality outdoor as I do indoor. Outdoor is a bulk grow to have free flower for buddies, neighbors, myself… hash… lots going to hash these days. If I were to grow for max production I would be putting clones right into beds around the last week of July. Packing them tight. They’ll only veg for a week or two and then go right into flower. Could put 64 plants in a 5x5 just like a straight to flower run under HPS.

4 Likes

What are the bottles for?

1 Like

That so he doesn’t poke his eyes out. They protect the end of the support poles/sticks.:trophy:.:trophy:.:blush:

3 Likes

Keep them in bags to keep them small outdoors. If i really wanted 4 plants per 4 x 4, I would use 7ga bags, but this is challenging to prevent such small pots from drying out in the heat of the sun. It can be done but it’s higher maintenance.

2 plants per 4 x 4 in 12-15 ga would be easier to manage.

or 1 in 30 ga

3 Likes

See, that’s where that @Oldguy experience just shines out loud. :joy:

3 Likes

For my legal outdoor grow I’m doing 4 plant. Hopefully each one will be taking up around 16sq ft by the end of summer.