Need some advice regarding security

Ok guys so I’m out here in prohibition land and I really wanna put 5 or 6 plants out in smart pots in my backyard. I don’t have any neighbors except some old folks that live across the street. My backyard has a chain link fence around it that’s about 6ft tall and two sides are blocked by trees.
My girlfriend and I have a little girl on the way so getting in trouble is not something i need right now. I’m thinking I need to put something up to block the view through the chain link. But what? I’m not trying to put up a wood fence since I’m renting and I feel like a that semi-transparent black material you see at baseball parks might look a lil suspicious. So what do y’all think? What would OG do? Much love and everyone one have a positive and productive day!

EDIT: sorry about the formatting I’m on my phone

EDIT2: Thanks for the title fix @LemonadeJoe

3 Likes

Do think odors will get you into trouble?

4 Likes

Vine plants (Honeysuckle) and other plants work well. Plant in containers so you can move them around if needed. Your imagination is your friend and it doesn’t have to be expensive. Yard furniture and decorations can be used to distract and jasmine or rosemary can help with yummy smells.

6 Likes

I’m not too concerned with the smell because I don’t have anyone around except the old couple across the street.

1 Like

I have tons of honey suckle on the property but how do I go about transplanting it and getting it going on the fence?

1 Like

Are you sure you can’t do it indoors in a little space or closet man! I would hate to have to think about the upcoming beauty and your girl’s safety with prying eyes around you.

I am super paranoid, i couldn’t do it. Indoors bro!

Instead of wasting money on a fence for a house that you don’t own, buy your self a little tent and a lamp. Probably will cost the same, or a little more, but you have control over the whole op.

6 Likes

I have an indoor grow going. So you think an outdoor grow wouldn’t be worth the risk?

1 Like

I think your baby is worth a million plants of marijuana with the nicest frost on it… Is all bro.

5 Likes

Here is some info.

https://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/chiwonlee/plsc368/student/papers03/pmurdock/propagationofhoneysucklevine.htm

3 Likes

But there are a lot of solutions to one problem. Stay safe and grow on!

HppHrvst :robot:

3 Likes

Thanks for putting that in better perspective bro. Fr fr.

1 Like

do you have any hills or mountains near you? could start a guerrilla grow somewhere if you’re determined to grow outdoors. or you could do some fast autoflowers in small containers so they don’t get much more than 1-2 feet or something and finish quick

5 Likes

Just remember that whenever there is doubt, there is no doubt!

Great idea, this might actually work for you u know. @legalcanada has a store with hundreds of varieties of autos for you to choose from!

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve got a bunch of Mephisto Auto’s that are sativa leaning that I wanted to put outdoors.

I had one of my Mephisto Skywalkers show a lot of ruderalis traits so I took it out of my indoor tent and put it out side on the back porch. Holy shit does that thing smell great though. Wayyy better than any of my indoor plants have. But I think I may have found a reason as to why. I had my carbon filter inside the tent pulling air through it and out of the tent. I read somewhere that can do something to the air inside the tent to where it deodorizes all the smells, is this true? Sorry for sidetracking

I used reed fencing attached to chain link fence many years ago when I decided on an outdoor grow. It lasted several seasons.

https://homesteady.com/how-7248415-install-reed-fence-over-chain.html

4 Likes

i’m usually an asshole in the morning…with that in mind i won’t start off with “…yeah that & a few other things bro!” wah-wah-wah(bad joke sound) :slight_smile:

not enough info to advise…
-are you in a medical or rec. legal place?
-is your rental agreement a possible liability/risk? if, so, MadScientist is your guru: our lives are harder to fix & replace than our plants. Family first.
-are you in a rural or suburb area?

we don’t need google-street-view of your place, but how’s your climate/growing conditions?

what i gather is that you’d like to keep the plants away from the kids & pets & neighbors, but aren’t worried about the man, the landlord, the community around you, people passing by, the odors, etc.

if you’re in a weed-legal area, check & try to follow the rules; where i live that’s nearly impossible. folks who write the laws don’t grow medical weed & aren’t disabled & low-income, most of the time. :confounded: :european_castle: :moneybag:

“security” covers a whole lot of stuff, depending on interpretation…can include animal/varmint/vermin issues as well.

sorry to rant & rave, but the post title could mean “i need ammo, asap” or “my password got jacked” :wink:

have a good one y’all

:evergreen_tree: :spy:

2 Likes

I use tomatoe plants in containers as camouflage for my cannabis plants. Very hard to spot the cannabis from any distance.

Good luck.

8 Likes

Dude great idea. I could blend them in with some tomatoes or other veggies like a camouflage crop!

3 Likes

No trying to sound rude but I kinda outlined the situation in my first post. My gf is cool with everything and I have an indoor tent going also. Thank you for your input brother man :v:

3 Likes