How many plants did you grow in your first year?

My first grow was in 1982 and it was outside in the back yard, 40 plants in grow bags, no idea of the strain, my buddy who was an air line pilot got them from somewhere on his travels :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

#FACTS😒 alll I was left with is a wealth of knowledge of what “NOT” to do.
I’m getting better now :relieved:

2 Likes

I came here to say my first attempt at growing was…in the pines. The plants got maybe half a metre tall and we harvested before they budded, if they even would have, because we were stupid.

2 Likes

In my first year I was growing exclusively in a single 4x4’ tent for everything, before I got a second 3x4’ for veg and cloning. Grew six plants in there (never again) in 5g felt pots, got a good harvest, grew five more and three of them were bunk genetics. I’ve settled in now to 2-3 runs per year of four flowering plants at a time. That lets me stay productive while staying within my plant limits, especially if I plant one or two fem seeds or clones from the last run to hedge my odds against too many males.

1 Like

First was a bagseed I grew in a pot on a windowsill in college. Mom even helped me try to “fix” it when it was dieing, I told her it was a japanese maple seedling, “see, the leaves only have 5, not 7 fingers, its not weed mom!” Turned out to be a male. Next summer was a dozen? or so outside. So long ago I forget now, but it wasn’t any astronomical number… They ended up being 7 ladies and I remember christmas parties and new years eve that year were pretty awesome parties with a LOT of weed bein smoked…

1 Like